Calgary!!!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt

Reaction score
Hey guys

well guys on friday(your thursday) i leave to Canada im going to be staying in Calgary
I want to know if theres anything going on rocketry related in calgary between March 2nd and March 13th do u guys have any idea?

thanks a lot
Matt

If you were from any place other than New Zealand, I'd suggest that your trip to western Canada include someplace with mountains. But New Zealand has some pretty beautiful scenery itself, so maybe the big empty flat boring prarie might be interesting. ;)

According to the Calgary Rocketry Association, they're holding a LPR/MPR launch about an hour or so north of Calgary... the weekend AFTER you leave.

On the west side of the mountains, the British Columbia Rocket Club will be holding an MPR launch on March 7. It's a special function, starting with the introduction of the limited production West Coast Hybrids G impulse motor (man, it costs almost nothing to fly, but I just don't have the cash to buy in), Scott West will be doing some kind of secret special demonstration, then it'll be opened up for normal LPR/MPR flights. That'll be in Cloverdale, about two hours east of Vancouver, meaning it's approx. 15 hours and three tanks of gas west-southwest of Calgary.

On the up side, if you decided to head down our way during your trip, you'd be driving some of the most beautiful highways in the world, past windmill farms, glaciers, forests that go on forever... "Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver."

Enjoy your visit to Canada, and if you find yourself in a pub, remember these three brands: "Okanogan (oh-kah-noggin) Springs", "Granville Island", and "Sleeman's Honey Brown".

Originally posted by Justy

Enjoy your visit to Canada, and if you find yourself in a pub, remember these three brands: "Okanogan (oh-kah-noggin) Springs", "Granville Island", and "Sleeman's Honey Brown".

LOL you reminded me of the time a friend and co-worker of mine and I had to make a trip to Canada to help with a customer installation. After dinner, we stopped for a drink in a local pub. Wanting to show off, when asked what he wanted he said something like "your best imported beer!".

Clearly having fun with the *Americans*, she set down a Bud... ...and just looked at him with this dead-pan expression... it was priceless LOL

thanks Justy

too bad its the weekend after.
I'm not sure about a 15 hour drive, You can drive from the bottom of New Zealand to the very top in less than a day...lol
Oh well, i just have to more skiing

thnks alot
Matt

Originally posted by jflis
Wanting to show off, when asked what he wanted he said something like "your best imported beer!".
Clearly having fun with the *Americans*, she set down a Bud... ...and just looked at him with this dead-pan expression... it was priceless LOL

:D that's outstanding!

Once, at a wedding reception in Washington State, I had a Coors, and I was offended... I figured the bartender assumed I was underage (I wasn't), and had handed me a club soda. No foolin'! I decided I'd never try an American beer again.

I did, though. Michelob doesn't suck. But nothing beats a Sleeman's. I'd go for one right now, but I promised someone I'd lay off the booze for two months. :rolleyes:

Back