3D Printing Cable Management on sleds?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markg

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of cable management are you doing on printed ebay sleds? Do you print little clips for wires or just add some holes for zip ties? Post some pics of what you've done. I currently debating between those two options and would like to see what others have done already.

cheers - mark

Not much management, I just secure them with zip ties..

Attachments

• 20201215_205352.jpg
    20201215_205352.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 20
On my most recent av-bay I added holes for zip ties. Since it's hard to route wires in fusion, actually printed one without it, installed everything and wired it up to see where I needed the ties. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the actual. It met an unfortunate end. A new version is in the works.

Av-tree 1.png

av-tree zoomed.png

Last edited:
I haven't done it yet but I was thinking of having a couple of posts (say 2mm diameter) near each other every so often. The wires can be run between them and then a dob of hot-melt glue over the top. The glue can be removed later if re-wiring is needed.

Have seen a lot of people use cable ties on 3d printed sleds, with slots to put them through.

I have traditionally used G10 sleds and just tack the wires down using Loctite 401 CA glue where necessary.

Back