C6-7's in bulk?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Power004

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to by C6-7's in bulk? (Like, maybe 20 or 30 at a time) I love that engine, and it's kinda expensive to buy them at ~$7.50 for a three pack. i wish it came in the blast pack, all it has is C6-3 and C6-5 (as far as C's go).

Max,

I haven't ever seen C6-7s in bulk. However you can get bulk C6-5s at AC Supply for $41.54 (box of 24). They also have C6-7 3-packs for $5.22. If you order more than $75 you get free shipping. I just used this company and am very satisfied.

bmhiii

Try WalMart...... in my town they had a range of 18mm engines (inc. C6-7) for........ um... I forget how much, but a tad cheaper than online places, and certainly cheaper than the $7+ you mentioned.

Wally World is $4.99 per 3 pack of 18mm Estes engines and the same price for 4 packs of 13mm Estes engines.

C6-5's are much more common there than the -7's, but the -7's can be found. (At that price, it's a better deal to buy your C6-5's at Wal-mart in any quantity. Compare to AC Supply: 8 x 3 = 24 (engines, same as bulk pack); 8 x $4.99 = $39.92 < $41.54)

Of course, the cheapest way to buy engines is to wait for the 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and find a cashier who will honor that discount on engines. Then load up!

Wal-mart motor pricing is a little mindless. They charge the
same amount for the packs of 18mm motors whether they
are A, B, or C. Thus, you get the better deal buying Cs.
As I recall, each pack also comes with wadding and one
additional igniter (but I might be wrong about the igniter), 4 total igniters.

Cool! I better get myself to one of the, oh say, 20 or so Wal-Marts here in the Houston area. Thanks. BTW, what's the cheapest you've found the Blast Off Flight Pack? I got it for $30 at Toys R Us. I thought that was rediculously cheap

Use the 40%-off coupon from the Sunday newspaper insert, and the price of a BlastOff Pack from Michaels comes down to about $27-28

Personally, I do not use C6-7's often. I am curious, what rockets do you fly them in? Multistagers? Small rockets? :)

Originally posted by n3tjm
Personally, I do not use C6-7's often. I am curious, what rockets do you fly them in? Multistagers? Small rockets? :)

Nothing but C6-7's for a camera rocket (Estes Snapshot) otherwise you get clouds or horizon, horizon is cool, but you mostly get clouds on less than 7. It goes into a nerve racking nose dive with the C6-7, but it always ejects in plenty o' time. Also, I've never tried this, but I want to use them for the SR-71 Blackbird because I hear that a well built SR-71 will level out and glide at apogee. C6-7 would make for more glide time. I'm building my SR-71 right now with the utmost care.

Originally posted by powderburner
Use the 40%-off coupon from the Sunday newspaper insert, and the price of a BlastOff Pack from Michaels comes down to about $27-28

That is if you live near a Michaels that actually carries rockets.

Of the four I have ventured into in the Phoenix area, only one of them actually carries them.

We also have a local chain called craftmart. They do the same, but they never seem to have the bulk packs.

I gotta agree with the wal mart thing though, as much as I hate walmart, I do buy all my 18mm motors there, but that's about it.

Latest posts

Back