Bye Bye LPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullpup

Reaction score
With the new FAA rules do we really need LPR and MPR forums and groups? One would cover both at this point...:confused2:

Those "new FAA rules" apply to rocketry in the US Airspace.

Just about every rocketeer will agree to this: A-D= low power, H and up= high power. The seperate forums also help organise the threads.

Some users will not fly high power, so do not want to read topics on dual deployment or composites. Other users also might not be interested in low power so do not read threads on motor hooks.

Or you could just be like me and use the "new posts" function

Interests, financial means, availability, and construction methods all differ between LPR, MPR, and HPR, so the short answer to your question is "no".

Thanks for the inquiry, though.

N

Last edited:
Have to agree with RangerStl:
Even just looking at LPR & MPR the differences in construction methods, and power rangers create a natural division.
It's Great that FAA has now grouped both LPR and MPR together making it easier to fly both. but for Talking thread points the differences are great enough to warrant both as seperate forums.

I hear what's being asked for here and understand the rationale. On it's own, this appears to be a reasonable request and could facilitate some consideration.

Unfortunately, what I don't appreciate is that a bit of research shows that this thread is being started intentionally to 'bait' one of our TRF members here. I'm also disheartened to know that a few members of our own board are also facilitating this baiting. Post what you will about me, but having knowledge or what you're attempting to do, to another individual, is wrong on many levels folks. In having such knowledge, and in not taking action, I would be condoning what could happen.

For those of you involved in such an action, now or in the future I'd encourage you to hang out elsewhere. I still am baffled by such behavior as to cause such maliscious intent or damage to such individuals - especially in a hobby and/or message board that strives to encourage 'inclusion'. Being an adult, does not mean you can say or do whatever you want, whenever you want. It means that you have a responsibility to act in a responsible manner, considering another individual's well being.

Again if your character is such, that you perceive you feel better or get enjoyment by putting down, bad-mouthing, or inciting such behavior - at this time, I'd politely like to ask that you go hang-out with your own similar-types on another venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back