BY FAR the best documentary on Apollo 13 I've ever seen

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Title to search for on your DVR, cable or whatever box is "Mysteries of Apollo". Episode 1 is "Apollo 13: The Secret History." Premiere episode was last night (27 May 2019) on the Science Channel.

https://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/mysteries-of-apollo/

"Mysteries"!? "Secret History" ?! DUMB titles, but an OUTSTANDING 2 hour documentary, by far the best I've ever seen on Apollo 13.

Technically very detailed, ZERO fluff, beautifully presented with actual and apparently restored film footage, a significant amount I've never seen before, actual comm audio, post-recovery crew and engineer press conference, still photos of the LM and CM instruments they refer to, interviews with engineers involved, great graphics, a level of quality I don't see ever being exceeded. A tech geek gem.

This episode is listed as season 1, episode 1, but I don't know what else might be coming. Hopefully this isn't a one shot wonder and hopefully it becomes available on DVD. Still some showings pending on the Science Channel.

Back