Buying Motors Online...(18mm, 24mm APC reloads/su)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
this is the THIRD time...
i use the shopping basket system (this time at rocketmotion.com), selected about 100 bux worth of 18mm and 24mm reloads...

i got a confirmation email.

i waited several weeks after my payment had been sent. still no personal confirmation of my order, but i know my money came out of my bank weeks ago.

i finally got tired of waiting for them to contact me and made a call today. the order has not shipped. my money is in THEIR account, making THEM interest but they can't seem to find the time to tell me via email or phone that my order is not going to go out any time soon.

the woman i spoke with said that none of the motors were in stock, and didn't know if or when they might be available. now HOW COME they are still on your list?

so, rocketmotion left me hanging for weeks with no notification...

does ANYONE have any 18mm and 24mm reloads in stock?
someone HONEST?

i would like to order a product and have it ship the day it's paid for, not months after payment.

I assume you mean my list.....?

"Always CALL 1st and inquire about inventory,price,shipping,etc..."

Which means: IF you have NEVER done business with a specific online vendor before, Call them and talk to them.....That will tell you alot about the potential Quaility of Service......they may provide....

Also if you do a search on any specific company's name here in TRF you will probbaly find good/bad info about them.....

If you look at the propulsion list, I know for certain that several of the companies that are towards the top of the list have some 18/24mm reloads in stock and are "honest" as you say....

A2Z has E18Ws in stock, along with E30s and F21Ws in 24mm, and lots of 29mm stuff. They ship quick, I've had great experiences with them. Great Lakes Hobbies also looks to have motors in stock. Never dealt with them, but I've heard great stories. Both addresses are in Shockie's motor dealer listing sticky post at the top of this forum.

HTH!

i should have picked a vendor from the list...
i think the reason i went with that particular company was that they had paypal available, which makes it very easy for me.

it's tough getting anything when the cc is max'd out.

Check on Wildman Rocketry. He alwase has up-to-date inventory and the last time I checked he did have alot of 18mm and 24mm reloads IN STOCK. He has every reload of 18mm. Tim will usually have the best prices and will ship within a few days. Your best bet is Wildman Rocketry.

I second the recommendation to Tim at Wildman. I ordered about $100 worth of RMS 24/40 reloads and a few single use 24mm's on Saturday 6/12. They were on my doorstep by Thursday 6/17. But....my VISA isn't maxed out either ;)

He has them in stock...

John

Yeah, self professed Mr. Wildman himself, Tim Lehr will almost always have a good motor selection in stock.......

...accepting payment without shipping merchandise?

How dare they!!

i have to wait for the refund before i can order any motors...
bummin' me out...

i filed a paypal complaint today.

I had a similar experience with RocketMotion. Their web site lets you order as if the motors are "in stock". It seemed too good to me true so I sent them an e-mail asking about availability. Someone named Anna got back to me and said she "might" have some of what I wanted in stock but was not sure. I asked her to clarify what was in stock but I never heard back so I never ordered.

A2Z always treated me right - when I could still order motors of course!

Well, let's put it this way.... I ordered BOOKS (which were in stock), not motors.... I live in Palmdale (Less than 100 miles away from Rocketmotion) and it took a month to get my order, and even then it took having Paypal freeze their account to shake THAT loose. I think one or two more Paypal complaints will pretty much shut off that resource for those folks....

Alan

Elapid,
I can vouch for Ken at Performance and Ross at Magnum

you still will want to call ahead because the stock rotates so quickly and new stock goes pretty quick,,but you will get what you order promptly.

Rocketmotion is not in my vocabulary I will never do buiness with them I dont care if they send me free stuff I would tell them to stick it up there A** If you want service Just Rockets Has treated me great and they are fast

I can speak for Bobby of Hangar11 and Kevin of Countdown Hobbies

Both are reliable and honest men.

A

I've been getting them promptly from....

Magnum Hobbies - Had placed an order without checking availability (my bad!) but Ross shipped what he had right away, then kept meticulous records and sent the balance when they were back in stock. Charges the card when he ships them. I highly recommend Magnum.

EHobbies.com - Located right down in L.A., stocks the easy access reloads and cases. Told a couple of friends from ROC about them, and all of a sudden they started selling out of stock more quicky. After ordering a large order online one night, a customer service rep called ME the next day to let me know that one type of reload I ordered was out of stock, and wanted to know if they should hold the whole order to wait for the OOS item, cancel that one item, or ship everything else and ship the last item later. I completely forgot about the last item until it showed up about a week ago.

Red Arrow Hobbies - Great selection, great prices, but the kits seem to ship faster than the motors, but then it could be the ground shipment cross country that slows it down.

the better suggestions!

i finally got my money back yesterday...
i'm not sure if the complaint i filed with paypal helped, but i did get my refund...

Back