Buying HPR Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just bought CTI motors from Chris’ Rocket Supply at NSL. He just received an order from CTI and has a very good selection now. His website is kept up to date and should show what is currently available.
We also live near AMW, and I recently visited their place in Glendale. Robert showed me the large selection of BIG MOTORS, and helped me with my purchases. Their website is not as user friendly, and you should talk to them on the phone to determine availability.

I have been burning a couple L1 motors a year for the last 10 years or so. Given the increase in prices, and my pursuit of L2, I have set up and automatic transfer of $25 weekly to a savings account. That is my rocketry fund. I plan to buy bulk during the Black Weekend sales. I hope it takes the sting out of motor buying.

My building has slowed considerably (out of storage space) but any future kits/components, paint, glue etc, will come from that account as well.

This is the first year I've done this, won't know if it is a good plan until sometime in the future. Also won't have a full budget as I started mid-February, but close enough.

@Pinetree : The yardsale section here and ebay are your friends when looking to buy casings. All of my HPR casings have been bought used at sometimes significant savings. Ebay has changed over the years, but deals can still be found.
YMMV

Signed up for the Wildman Club today... I can already see where this will help.

Back