Buying engines uk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman26

Reaction score
Hi
does anyone know anywhere in the uk where I can get rocket motors higher then a D12
thanks

Hi
does anyone know anywhere in the uk where I can get rocket motors higher then a D12
thanks
Yes - contact Malcolm at www.rocketsandthings.com for Cesaroni. (Drop him an email or phone first as the list on his website isn't always up to date), or Stuart at wizardrockets.co.uk imports and sells Aerotech.
Just one point (in case you're unaware) BP motors greater than D aren't certified (or available) in the UK. But AP (Cesaroni, Aerotech) from E onwards are.

Like he says, Malcolm is the guy to go to for Estes A-D and Cesaroni.
Checked the website. Nice. But damn, pricing outside the US is crazy. Not so bad in the UK vs Australia, for example (their prices are just nuts). But I'm somebody who thinks Estes BP motors are already overpriced in the US (I make all my Fs & Gs BP motors for a few bucks each--almost half the cost is tubes).

Checked the website. Nice. But damn, pricing outside the US is crazy. Not so bad in the UK vs Australia, for example (their prices are just nuts). But I'm somebody who thinks Estes BP motors are already overpriced in the US (I make all my Fs & Gs BP motors for a few bucks each--almost half the cost is tubes).
I've launched on both sides of the pond and agree. I shipped some motors from the USA a few years ago and the costs were very high. Basically they're shipped as dangerous cargo, which is more expensive than normal goods. Import duty is added, and a handling fee at the point of import. Finally VAT is added to the whole lot. In my case it almost doubled the cost.

Back