Buyer beware - Composite Warehouse is taking money and not shipping (again)..... 11 months and counting

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexzogh

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered LAST NOVEMBER. I've received two fake USPS labels when I call or email and complain.

Fake USPS #1 from June - 9405511108296156858596
Fake USPS #2 from last month - 9405511108296750325517

For the larger order, I even used the "order now, pay when shipped" since this vendor has a history of taking money and not delivering anything when he was selling under a different name. I received a note in March that it was ready to be shipped, so I paid ($759.97) and... nothing. I had to push to even get the fake USPS label created.

At this point, he has collected over $1000 from me and shipped nothing.

I've never reverted to public humiliation as a model to solve problems like this, but at this point, I'd hate to see anyone else duped by Composite Warehouse since it seems they (he) is back to his old ways.

I ordered LAST NOVEMBER. I've received two fake USPS labels when I call or email and complain.

For the larger order, I even used the "order now, pay when shipped" since this vendor has a history of taking money and not delivering anything when he was selling under a different name. I received a note in March that it was ready to be shipped, so I paid ($759.97) and... nothing. I had to push to even get the fake USPS label created.

I've never reverted to public humiliation as a model to solve problems like this, but at this point, I'd hate to see anyone else duped by Composite Warehouse since it seems they (he) is back to his old ways.
Contact UPS and tell them what he did. Sue him in Small Claims Court. Notify FTC. He could paper his bathroom with all the ineffectual posts about his fraudulent practices. He’s using your money.

So the question I have is how do we collectively band together in the appropriate way to force his hand? Anyone here a pro bono lawyer dealing with a collective group of small claims?

So the question I have is how do we collectively band together in the appropriate way to force his hand? Anyone here a pro bono lawyer dealing with a collective group of small claims?
Easiest way to deal with a vendor you don't trust is to not do business with them. Those willing to risk dealing with that vendor accept the risk and must deal with the outcome for themselves.

I filed 2 police reports. One on each end. Our Chief told me this was a common scam, to create a shipping label so he could get paid and then recall the shipment so you get nothing.

Probably not a good idea. People own guns. People call the police. By visiting, you are the aggressor, which can go all kinds of wrong.

Email and continue to email. He will deliver.
My son had a psycho customer who was sending 10 to 20 emails a day.

I'm in the same boat, however, I did receive one of my orders.

I purchased 2 kits + a few items around the black Friday time of 2021. The first one I paid for at the time, (and received in may), but the second larger one (my L3 project) I selected pay when shipped. A payment request was sent in March, which I payed, but the kit as never shipped. I've messaged him, and talked with him on the phone, and get responses that he will ship it this week, or next, but it never happens. In the mean time I haven't been able to work on my L3 project, my TAPs, and a couple of the people in my club laugh at me for ordering from him. He seems nice on the phone, but never follows through with what he says he'll do. It's a frustrating situation.

Short answer, you vote(elsewhere) with your wallet and spread the word.

Longer answer, unless you have money at stake with a purchase (and no delivery) from Curtis, you have no legal standing.....in which case, refer to the short answer.

Historical answer, the last time that a lot of folks that were out product and cash with Curtis, there was a loose association of folks that were gathering money and retained a lawyer to get some 'paid for' answers. The Mad Cow buy-out pretty much put an end to it when Mad Cow moved ASAP to deliver, cash or product, to make everyone as whole as they could. Everyone walked away as satisfied as they were going to get......and only bought stuff 3rd party though Mad Cow from there on out.

So.......lather, rinse, repeat!

Last edited:
Probably not a good idea. People own guns.

So do I, lots of them.

Probably not a good idea. People call the police.

I would hope so!! That would be an interesting encounter. The cops showing up for a customer visiting a place of business to inquire as to where a paid order was from a year ago.

By visiting, you are the aggressor, which can go all kinds of wrong.

This is like calling someone an aggressor for walking into a drycleaners to ask where the suit was that you dropped off long after it was due to be complete. Going and taking care of things in person is not aggressive. It seems that these days, everyone is afraid to talk to people in person when there might be conflict.

Email and continue to email. He will deliver.

This has proven to not work. There are many many people who gave up after waiting years and never receiving their product. The college professor who purchased thousands of dollars worth of product for his students projects and never received anything is one example of many.

So do I, lots of them.

I would hope so!! That would be an interesting encounter. The cops showing up for a customer visiting a place of business to inquire as to where a paid order was from a year ago.

This is like calling someone an aggressor for walking into a drycleaners to ask where the suit was that you dropped off long after it was due to be complete. Going and taking care of things in person is not aggressive. It seems that these days, everyone is afraid to talk to people in person when there might be conflict.

This has proven to not work. There are many many people who gave up after waiting years and never receiving their product. The college professor who purchased thousands of dollars worth of product for his students projects and never received anything is one example of many.

So go visit his house already.

So do I, lots of them.

Come knock on my door with a gun. You might get a surprise. That is not a threat. It is a statement to explain that it is not a good idea. If you knock one someone's door with a gun, it is justified homicide if you do anything aggressive. Not a good idea.

Not sure where I even remotely suggested to knock on a door with a gun......

I suggested to visit a place of business to inquire in person about an order that was placed and paid for and never shipped. It was then taken down a dramatic rabbit hole.

Hmm... this thread took a dark turn.

I don't plan on visiting him. I have tools at my disposal that most people don't. I will receive a judgment against him that he will unlikely pay. That's when the fun begins. Suffice it to say that this will cost him significantly more in legal fees to unwind than he owes me.

PM me if you would like your loss to be added to the proceedings. If we can get it over $2000, it becomes grand larceny in PA, which is a second-degree felony. The real mistake he made was using the post office and tracking numbers. It appears the postal inspectors take this very seriously. Thank you Steve for the tip!

folks,

I am just suggesting that you not knock on his door. As a private citizen, this has happened a couple of times. I have to suggest the move along.

Last edited:
Guys and gals, I think the evidence is very apparent. DO NOT PATRONIZE CW OR THE OLD RW! Or whatever name it's changed to down the road period! The guy is an irresponsible fraud, is never going to change and simply go to a better provider. Order directly from responsible providers and there are threads here mentioning who they are. I've dealt with WM for years and directly ordered kits from the makers directly and have had no problems whatsoever. I had one order delayed from an out of state vendor (not WM he's 100 miles north of me) and that fellow kept in close contact with me many times, offered to refund my money but told him I could wait. I eventually got the order and was satisfied with it, with the COMMUNICATION and offer for a refund.
I think it's WAY more important to tell ones compadres and HPR newbies to stay away from this CW/RW guy.
That will go a long way to prevent disappointment and dissatisfaction with our fellow fliers.
Oh, I agree with the above statements, "Don't go knocking on his door!" If one has lost a lot of $$$$$, take legal action and let the state and authorities deal with it.
Kurt

folks,

I am just suggesting that you not knock on his door. As a private citizen, this has happened a couple of times. I have to suggest the move along.
That's the problem, everyone wronged by Curtis, just seem to move along. On the other hand, I only purchase from vendors that have his products in stock. Learned that lesson years ago. Hell, even if a vendor says they can get what I want from Curtis, I refuse to pay the vendor until the vendor has the product in hand.

I wonder if he sees what is written here or if he frequents this forum? Sure is a purdy website he's got

https://www.compositewarehouse.com/
y'all already have your answer - he does not care what you think - he has your money. I promise you he would care if you reported him to the postal authorities, mail fraud is as serous as it gets. Visiting/calling/threatening will get you nowhere, using fake tracking numbers is bad news, and a crime. There is your (only) angle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back