Burt Rutan on "60 Minutes" tonight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjp

Reaction score
Subject line says it all.

Oh and BTW there's a really big spike in the geomagnetic activity index right now, so we may get to see a nice aurora tonight!

Thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't want to miss that. Whatcha wanna bet they have "recently discovered" documents (in an oddly modern font) that prove Burt never finished his aeronautical engineering degree? :eek:

Originally posted by vjp
Subject line says it all.

My favorite Rutan line: "Of COURSE it's possible." I don't remember exactly what they were talking about, and I don't think that's even important. It just seems to sum up Rutan's attitude.

Originally posted by vjp

Oh and BTW there's a really big spike in the geomagnetic activity index right now, so we may get to see a nice aurora tonight!

I'm in Fort Collins, CO and we even saw the aurora up to the north. It was faint but it was there! Pretty amazing.

Edward

Shame you missed it. Was a good, long segment too (30 minutes). Very good, upbeat interview. Burt's clearly very optimistic that private orbital flights, space-based resort hotels, and even moon voyages will happen sooner rather than later. Seems a little "out there" but I wouldn't bet against Burt Rutan.

I've seen short segments by both he and Binnie. Would have liked to see the longer one. It will be interesting to see his future work.

Yep, I saw it. GREAT segment. I recorded it too! Unfortunately I do not have the means by which to dub it so if you want to come by my place bring some popcorn. :D

Latest posts

Back