Bundled rocket motors from vendors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Has any of you motor vendors though of putting motor packages together?

Beer companies will group a few of their preferred flavours in one case; such as 3 IPAs, 3 Ales, 3 Lagers, 3 wheat beers to make a ‘selection’ 12 pack. Or some food vendors will pair a nice chocolate with a certain fruit and a certain wine they feel ‘should go together’. And, dare I say, some cigar vendor will put a few stogies together in a bag & sell it as a ‘Summer evening delight’ pack or the ‘Dog walkers’ selection.. A “sampler pack” if you will.. Of like products, or ones that complement each other.. or ones that seem to fit the same size / category / look / feel..

I was just thinking, mail order motors, you don’t just buy one. Nor really just 2 or three, but a few at a time.. And since (Aerotech anyways) are now making adjustable delays, grouping or ‘packaging’ a few motors together might be a neat way to go..

You could have the ‘flight day’ pack: 1 pack of C, one pack of D, 2x F, 2x G, 1 pack of Estes wadding.. for the low cost of .. Or the “rainbow special” one White lightning, one Green, one Black jack, one Red Glare, one Blue thunder… of all equal impulse & delay.. Or even the “2x4 grab bag” a selection of motors rated for a 2lb x 4” dia rocket..

All the vendors, I assume, know what the popular motors are, and can see a trend of what's usually purchased together..

(or do I just have too much time on my hands right now?! :D )

Hmm, I'm flying mostly CTI Blue Streak motors on Saturday -- two H 29, one I 38, one I 54. Could be onto something....

If you in the Wildman club you are already getting a discount. Vendors need to make a profit or they won't be around long.

Back