Bummer.... Bummer, Bummer, Bummer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Remember the thread about the post office searching and returning a package that my friend sent to me that had motor casing in it? Well, two weeks ago, he maild it again... but it disapared. I don't have it... he does not have it. :(. It got lost.

looks like you are on some kind of black list. You are being watched. They are cutting off your motors supplies

Originally posted by n3tjm
Remember the thread about the post office searching and returning a package that my friend sent to me that had motor casing in it? Well, two weeks ago, he maild it again... but it disapared. I don't have it... he does not have it. :(. It got lost.

What the heck is with the post office these days!!!:mad: :kill:

Good Grief!!!:mad: :rolleyes:

I hope it turns up one day.

I've always been amazed at the process of a package getting lost. I mean, if it doesn't go to you, where would it go? I mean, I assume it goes to someone, but wouldn't they notice somewhere along the trip that the name on the package isn't the name of the person its going to.... Oh well.. Hope you get it back!

The biggest problem... who looses the $150? He paid the $150 for the cases to send to me, and I agreed to pay him back in portions.... however... I don't have what I am paying for...

If he can't find out what happened form his end... I guess he and I will work something out.. he is my friend, and I want to do what is right.

Did he ship it with any confirmation for tracking purposes?

If it was expensive, it should have signiture confirmation. Pretty cheap wayto track those non-replacable items, (No, I don't work for the Post Office:D )

300 years from now it will show up on your front porch to your great great great great great grandson, and he'll have one helluva time :D

Yep. If you're shipping something that's $150, *ALWAYS* go with a method that has a tracking number.

The biggest problem... who looses the $150? He paid the $150 for the cases to send to me, and I agreed to pay him back in portions.... however... I don't have what I am paying for...

If he can't find out what happened form his end... I guess he and I will work something out.. he is my friend, and I want to do what is right.

He should contact his local postal inspector. The number should be in the phone book in the blue pages. It may or may not be the same as the local postmaster. Twice is just too much.

This Just IN!!!

My friend found the package.

Here is the report: "In my hurry to get it off the day when I was in town ...I addressed it to myself and put you in the return address."

He just got back from vacation, so he just found it.

honest mistake. It's all good :)

Glad you found out the SNAFU. 8)

Quick postal snafu I had. About 15 years ago I joined the Middle Earth fan club, and never recieved my club package. I moved across the city - some 4 miles from the original addy, and 6 years later I open the mailbox and voila.

Had a note from the postmaster of Colorado with apologies for taking so long to get to me. Turns out it was in a older mail truck which was in an accident, and shot under the drivers seat.

It made my day, and I called him to thank him profusely for all of his help.

To be honest, I totally trust the USPS because they've truly improved their service substansially over the last 30 years.

Finally, take the time to always insure and track packages, and especially those from Ebay IF you can - in the long run that is your saving grace.

Cheers,

bummer!
[edit] i guess i should finish a thread b4 responding...glad you have a happy ending... so far.

This Just IN!!!

My friend found the package.

Here is the report: "In my hurry to get it off the day when I was in town ...I addressed it to myself and put you in the return address."

He just got back from vacation, so he just found it.

honest mistake. It's all good :)

Done that too:eek: Only it was my mortgage payment and they socked a rather large deliqency charge on me. Also have forgoten to send the check, or worse, send a check made out to one bill to another bill. I'm sure VISA enjoys getting a payment made out to Mastercard.

I sent 2 of my Little Joe II kits to Gary (Damage...) and after 6 weeks they hadn't arrived. The only information I could get from the post office was that they were in the U.K.

Alsmost impossible to get insurance when you lie about the value to ease any "duty" burden the crown wanted to tax him for (Didn't WE fight a war of that?).

Turns out he went on a 2 week vacation just before the package arrived...

His neighbor was kind enough to sign for it and put it in his garage.

The day Damage... arrived home his neighbor had left on a fortnight holiday so he didn't know the kits came.

When his neighbor finally arrived home..."Oh, yes, a package from the States arrived while you were on holiday!"

Whoa...was I relieved!

sandman

The oddest case we've had is getting a piece of mail three years late. It was marked 'found under equipment' (or something like that).

I generally don't get too POed at people even whe I disagree with them or their opinions, BUT...I knew an older guy who used to work for the Post Office, and he loved snickering about how they'd kick mail aside instead of stooping to pick it up (and similar stories). I felt like smacking him, but instead would excuse myself. Of course, the alternate explanation is he liked to stir the pot and made up the story. I'll never know.

And even though people complain about the price of a 1st class stamp (37¢ for those outside the US), I still think that it is pretty amazing that I can put a check in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, drop it in a box and it gets where I need it to. And usually in a very reasonable amount of time.
We trust A LOT of stuff to the USPS and the vast majority of the time they come through with flying colors.
Of course, I live in a town of less than 800 people, but once my cousin sent a letter to "Uncle Tom and Aunt Carol" in Rockford, IA.
No last name, no zip code, and it arrived 4 days after she sent it from Portland, OR.
I do not work for the USPS, but maybe I should. I could still retire at 55 if I started now.

Greg

P.S. Now that I think about it, once my 201 File (military personel) file got mailed and all that arrived was the folder, my dental X-Ray, and my insurance paperwork. Luckily I had copies of everything else.

But I'm still more than happy with the USPS.

In the past month or so I had 4 or 5 packages of parachutes get lost that I am shipping to people. I am not sure what is going on. I did mail 3 from a post office in a drug store and not one of them showed up. I will not do that again. I also notice it is getting slow to.

Tom

(37¢ for those outside the US)

Isn't it 37¢ for those of us in the States, too, 11Bravo Greg?

Sorry, couldn't resist the jab. I drive by Rockford everytime I fly with Tripoli Southern Minnesota. Small towns do have their positives at times.

BH Pete

My bills always get delivered before I like them to, but whenever I have a package sent via postal system it seems to take a ridiculously long time to get here.. :-/

<rant>One thing I *hate* about the postal system is the lack of ability to track your packages without having to specifically ask for that ability. It seems to me that it should be a default service, but it isn't. Plus when I ask people I buy from to get a tracking option when using USPS, 9 times out of 10 they get the delivery confirmation option. Ummmm, don't you think I will know when my package gets here by going to my mail box!</rant>

Otherwise $.37 to deliver a letter across the country isn't all that bad!

-Chris

Originally posted by BHP
Isn't it 37¢ for those of us in the States, too, 11Bravo Greg?

Sorry, couldn't resist the jab. I drive by Rockford everytime I fly with Tripoli Southern Minnesota. Small towns do have their positives at times.

BH Pete

Yeah, yeah, you're probably a Hawkeye fan so I'll explain that I was informing those outside the US that our 1st class rate is 37 cents smarty pants. :p

Where are you in Iowa?

Greg

Yeah, yeah, you're probably a Hawkeye fan so I'll explain that I was informing those outside the US that our 1st class rate is 37 cents smarty pants.

I knew you were making clear the cost for those not familiar with the USPS. A good idea since many readers here aren't in the US and we 'Mericans tend to think we're all that's out there.

Anyway - no, not a real Hawkeye fan. Although my latest rocket is painted Back and Gold (actually black and John Deere yellow)Nor am I an ISU fan. Since I live in Cedar Falls and went to UNI the Panthers would have to be my choice.

BH Pete

Back