Bummed - but its Florida

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Was all set and ready to go to the TTRA Tampa launch in the am - working every Saturday , I have not had a chance to fly in some time without taking a vacation day. Had a couple scratch builds and the trusty Argent and Mega Mosquito ready to go. Just checked the website and status is RED due to pending weather - no launch. I know its Florida and we have to respect the landowner in terms of a wet entry road makes a heck of a mess- just needed to vent it out. Some of you can appreciate how hard it is to talk the wife into letting you go play all day from time to time- let alone getting the ok for funds for motors without making a deal :wink: If you get a chance to fly this weekend , post some pics here so I can at least wish I was . :)

Last edited:
Same here, this weekend's launch was supposed to be my last one in Tampa before moving and it's much less likely I'll be able to get out for next week. Have a bunch of boring research motors I was super excited to test but it'll have to wait a couple months and several states now. Sucks!

Don't know where you live but there's a launch at SRA tomorrow in Palm Bay.

Thanks for the heads up , I was hard enough to sell the wife on the ride to Varn Ranch , let alone the other coast . Its appreciated tho- James may be in.

Post some pics Tim.

Here in Ohio we have had launches cancelled due to high winds, rain, fog, snow (you probably don't have that issue in Florida), bitterly cold (another non-issue in Florida), and muddy fields. No matter where you live there is something that can mess up your launch.

Yeah, our last launch was nearly called simply because we almost couldn't get to the field due to flooded roads. And a good portion of our field was flooded to boot. Then the winds kept most big and high alt birds grounded anyway. Maybe I'll look into quilting. LOL

Mike

Here in Ohio we have had launches cancelled due to high winds, rain, fog, snow (you probably don't have that issue in Florida), bitterly cold (another non-issue in Florida), and muddy fields.....

NOT here in west central Indiana today! :eek: 90 degrees in the shade, 104 on my Pickup trucks *thermo-meter*.....Sod Farm clay based Sod- Harder than a rock.
It's days like today that i wish I would stop buying BLACK vehicles and, wish I'd have on something other than the 30ish or so BLACK T-Shirts i own.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment-:rolleyes:

Joe, have yourself or Gary give me a heads up sometime if you guys crank out a Sunday launch....Might have to check out this "COOL" weather! :lol:

NOT here in west central Indiana today! :eek: 90 degrees in the shade, 104 on my Pickup trucks *thermo-meter*.....Sod Farm clay based Sod- Harder than a rock.
It's days like today that i wish I would stop buying BLACK vehicles and, wish I'd have on something other than the 30ish or so BLACK T-Shirts i own.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment-:rolleyes:

Joe, have yourself or Gary give me a heads up sometime if you guys crank out a Sunday launch....Might have to check out this "COOL" weather! :lol:

Right Gus........

Feeling your pain - we've been having a good bit of rain and severe wind gusts around the St. Augustine area. Was going to try and launch on Saturday but had to work early and the bad weather rolled in around noon. What made it even more annoying was the fact that the conditions were pretty much perfect until I got home and began getting everything ready.

We get a do over this weekend - I took a PT day off last week in advance after last weeks rain out -
Gonna keep it simple , 5 unflown rockets - :wink:

ttra tpa 2016 july.jpg

Back