Bullpup/Silver Comet fusion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjp

Reaction score
I had some fins laying around from a Silver Comet which I kitbashed into a V-2 a few years back.

On a whim, I thought I'd see what they looked like on a Bullpup after trimming off the TTW fin tabs.

Pretty spiffy, I think - reminds me of a 50's era sci-fi movie rocket.

Fin City !

Normally the Fins are a component you add to the Rocket , in this case it looks like the Rocket has been added to the Fins !

By comparison the fins are huge. What will it fly like ?

Paul

Vince, it does look pretty cool. Gonna paint to match your Ferry Rocket?

Yeah-definitely very retro-ish, very cool looking! Those fins combined with the boat tail really make it sci-fi- ish. Nice to see somebody else do something different with a bull pup other than me! I can just see that thing landing fins down with flames comin out the bottom like in the old movies.

Yep! She's gonna be silver. I may use the same paint as the Ferry Rocket, I have a can of Rustoleum bright silver which I might try out first though.

I may detail her with a hatch or two, and the obligatory ladder down the side. Maybe outrigger landing pads on the fin tips?

...I'm getting a little carried away here.... less than 48 hours after I SWORE I would finish my Saturn 1B before starting anything else... must be RIADD (Rocketry Induced Attention Deficit Disorder)!!!

I haven't checked her out in RockSim yet, but I'm confident she'll be overstable, if anything. I already glued in the 18mm motor mount, so she'll be pretty tame, but that's fine by me.

Man, I know what you mean-I can never work on only 1 rocket. i'm always starting another one before I can finish the others! I think its my way of battling cabin fever on the weekends. I was thinking the same thing about putting small dowels on the wing ends with landing pads on em. way cool. I think that would be an awesome idea to take a small paint brush and some black paint for small details such as rivets or ladders as you suggested.

I very good use for the kitbash fins, Way Kewl lookin there bud!
Silver with a few hatches and maybe some line work on the fins??
Those huge flat areas just Scream for a Dk blue/white NARHAMS logo:) blue and silver the club colorsL:D

vjp - the only problem with that kind of bird is that it will attract Death Rays from Secret Evil Space Stations and be thrown into deep space to Planet X on a collision course with... EARTH!!! You might want to arm it with a proton beam or something. :p

John-

Great idea! I never noticed that the NARHAMS colors were silver and blue. I have some blue monokote trim, too - just perfect for this application.

She will, of course, have an atomic engine - that's the only way you can put a hatch near the bottom, and still have enough room for propellant and engine. And maybe a parabolic proton ray antenna near the nose (removable for flight):)

Now let's see, where does the service hatch go? (the one the monster uses to sneak on board unnoticed, just before they leave the surface of Mars):D

I shot 2 coats of Rustoleum "Silver Metallic" on the Bullpup/Silver Comet hybrid, and she's looking pretty spiffy!

The paint has a "metal flake" appearance which isn't really what I was after, but it's pretty anyway, so I'll leave it as is.

Now, to come up with some trim ideas.

That rocket kinda resembles the highly illegal lawn darts of yester-year...neat!

Back