Bulk Tubular Kevlar Sources

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce

Reaction score
Hi,

What are some good places to buy bulk tubular Kevlar such as might be used in Mid Powered F, G and H powered Rockets?

Looking for the bulk Kevlar itself, not custom sewn harnesses.

Thanks!

What are some good places to buy bulk tubular Kevlar such as might be used in Mid Powered F, G and H powered Rockets?

Tubular Kevlar seams like a massive overkill for F/G/H mid-power rockets. Your harness may end up weighting more than the rocket. Assuming that even fits into the airframe!

For, what will likely be 1-3 lb airframe, I would use a 700 lb Kevlar braided line, similar to the one referenced in <heada's> Amazon link.
If you want to upscale the harness for extra weight or g-forces, you can increase the diameter of your braided line, as needed.

a

Last edited:
$40 for 300ft. of 700lbs braided line. Since it's mid-power to low high power, I'd use about 10ft per rocket. That's 30 rockets for $40 or $1.34 each rocket. Can't really beat that.

I have a good place for 1/8" Tubular Kevlar in 50 ft bulk hanks at an unbeatable price..
Right here--

Teddy

I love that stuff. Great for shock cord on anything under 10 lbs. or so, stronger tethers on JLCR, or anything else you want securely tied in place.

I don't know if Teddy's price is unbeatable, but I have never found a better price, so I won't argue!

Last edited:
Back