Bulk Pack Engines on Clearance!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? Like the local Scout shops are selling their stuff (including engines) at the closeout rates? Because my local one is...

FC

Folks, by the way, just stopped by my local Scout store. Any rocketry stuff is priced exactly the same as on the website...I picked up a load of A8-3 bulk packs, the last B6-4 bulk pack, and another pack of 1/2As. By next week, if it's still there, I might pick up the rest of their engine bulk packs. You still get charged sales tax, but no shipping!

Also, talking to some of the Scout reps, they aren't getting out of rocketry per se, but it seemed that not enough people knew that the Scouts themselves were carrying rocketry stuff, and would buy at other places (Wal-Mart, etc). So they are streamlining by getting rid of their rocketry offerings. Bummer.

Anyway, check Scoutstuff.org for the nearest Scout store location...you may be able to get stuff you can't get at the warehouse. Was well worth it for me (store was only 9 miles away).

FC

Well, my bulk packs of Alpha IIIs and Wizards arrived today. I suspect my 1/2As are sitting in my mailbox. The Wizards were intact, whole and included a couple of extra streamers and engine blocks. The Alpha IIIs were good...one kit had bent fins, suspect it was pushed against box inside and it was a little warm. Included 2 extra chutes and 2 extra engine mounts.

I think I'm going to dip into Scoutstuff one more time and get some more rocket bulk packs...my wife and I have come up with a fund raiser opportunity to do at a cancer support event. Even if we were only charging 5 dollars a rocket (includes engine, wadding...everything except glue and launch system) we still end up making money. And if it doesn't work..I have parts to use or kits to sell.

Thanks BSA!

FC

My Alpha III arrived a week ago, but no sign of the bulk packs I ordered.

John

Finally received the last two Alpha III bulkpacks today. These are the ones missing from the first order a month ago.
But I;m not griping....
Just wish we could afford more.

All of my web-ordered items have finally arrived after the initial mix-up during picking/packing.

And since the initial order, I have phoned all the local scout shops and cleaned them out of motors. They were already ut of kits. Same price and tax as on the web but no shipping. AND they were not out of stock on B6-4 and C6-5 bulk packs and BOFPs. They are now.

I did not drive to Laguna Hills to get the Gnomes or the one pack of 1/2A3-4T motos they had left so if anyone else is in the area, call them and see what they have left.

And call all of you local scout shops througout the USA and clean them out. They want these items gone and they want the cash.

And tents are also on sale. It's a tents situation....:eyeroll:

I had to rearrange my engine shelf to get them all in.

Da(ng) I need to have a launch...

Well, dipping in one last time for some rocket bulk packs. I've got more than enough engines...as much as the Blast Off packs keep calling my name...

This should keep me set for a LONG time...hopefully having enough 'little' rockets for kids will spur some new 'converts'...

FC

Also planning to make additional buys of a bulk pack and motors. Now, if I can only keep that second-guessing RC plane enthusiast on staff from sandbagging me during the class this Summer. (Scratches chin, wanders into the sunset, muttering to himself.):yawn:

I called all three Scout shops in the Seattle area yesterday. I found a few bulk packs of motors (including two B6-4s) - but that shop is a drive and a ferry ride away (or a longer drive) - and they are asking $29.99 for 'em (still good, but not the scoutstuff.org price). Kits are all gone.

I expect to be making one more order to scoutstuff.org....I can't resist.

I called all three Scout shops in the Seattle area yesterday. I found a few bulk packs of motors (including two B6-4s) - but that shop is a drive and a ferry ride away (or a longer drive) - and they are asking $29.99 for 'em (still good, but not the scoutstuff.org price).

You might want to press them on it. When I bought the engines locally, the register initially rang up a higher price, but the Scout rep adjusted it because they knew they were trying to clear it all out and the price should be the same as online.

FC

You might want to press them on it. When I bought the engines locally, the register initially rang up a higher price, but the Scout rep adjusted it because they knew they were trying to clear it all out and the price should be the same as online.

FC

CORRECT. They are supposed to match the online clearance price. And the price it initially rings up at will vary depending on how they look up the price (scan the bar code vs. enter the "item number").

$19.88 is the official price and they must match it.

Thanks. I'll alert a friend who is much closer to the shop that has the most stock left than I am and maybe he can pick 'em up for his 4H group.

I just had a box containing three C6-5 bulk packs arrive.:w:

John

My third Scoutstuff.org order arrived today..on time, intact and accurate. 3 separate orders, all fulfilled accurately and timely. Honestly, if you need Blast Off Flight Packs, 1/2A or A engine bulk packs, or various rocket bulk packs, I think they're a great source while they still have them in stock. No issues here at all. I think all the issues were near the beginning, and now that the 'wave' has passed, I think they are as reliable as anyone.

FC

Another plug for the Scouts.

Had to travel to another city today, and the Scout store was right on the way.

Not only did they still have rocket engines, but rockets for sale at the discounted price. Picked up another Blast Off Pack, 2 bulk packs of C6-5s, and another 1/2A bulk pack (plus the 1/2A bulk packs that were at my local Scout store).

Hit the website and do a store search...can't hurt if they are on the way...

FC

For those of you in Dallas, the Scout store in Lewisville still has some of the engine bulk packs. Although they now have one less of each of the A8, B6 and C6 and one Blast Off Pack :D

I cleaned out the Bremerton, WA Scout store the Friday before last - five bulk packs of motors - 1 A8-3 and two each B6-4 and C6-5 - and a three pack of C6-5s. And yet what's left at the national supply store still calls to me....

It looks like they're just down to Wizards on scoutstuff.org as far as kits go. The Viking, Alpha III and Gnomes all come up "not currently available". It's getting down there.

I just got 2 packs of Wizards (to give away) and 3 bulk packs of A8-3 motors. I should be good for awhile... :D

Chris

Back