It’s been a while since I decided to do a build thread. I’m not sure what exactly made me decide to want to do one as I have seen that some people are rather harsh in their comments. Sometimes as a community we don't treat one another with the respect one deserves. I guess the last 6 months of trials and tribulations that I’ve been thru in my personal life have made me a stronger person and made me more sensitive to how I treat people. I look forward to hearing any comments positive and even the not so positive. Believe me there are many ways that one could do this build and how I’m doing certainly isn’t the only way. The other thing I'll mention is that I really try to capture a lot of detail-even the simple steps as there was a time not too long ago when I was looking for some of the details that we take for granted but as someone newer to the hobby I didn’t know. So if some feel like I’m moving slowly, its OK take a breath and appreciate the things around you. You never know when those things may disappear. The last thing I'll mention before getting started is that I usually try to do something different in each build and there are some things I do because I’ve done them before and I feel comfortable with it. So the first thing I try to determine on a build or even buying a kit is what Ill plan on the uses for a particular rocket to be. This one was pretty easy for me. The looks of the kit on the BlastCap rocketry page just screamed sexy, it’s a 4.5 diameter kit something I don’t have and will fly on my current level 2 motors just fine at our normal field and as I get my L3 cert, I can air it out at some further away fields. So with the introduction out of the way let’s get going on this thing.:clap: I failed to take any pictures of the box and the way it was packed. It was top notch. Nose cone was wrapped in paper and set into the airframe so it didn’t get stuck, the fins and rings, and bulk plates were also nicely wrapped. I laid everything out on my bench to inspect and was very impressed. Note- the Aeropak doesn’t come with the kit. The next thing I do is actually take an accurate weight of each component and measure the ID and OD as well as length to tweak my roc-sim file. Ill mention here that Gary provided a nicely detailed roc-sim file to start with. Next it was time to do some dry fitment on the rocket. I’ve bought and built quite a few kits. This kit went together easily for dry fitment, probably one of the best fitting kit I’ve seen right out of the box. Very nice quality. I couldn’t help but start to imagine how this kit looked next to his little brother, so I had to do a quick dry assembly of it for a picture. Then I started thinking about 6 grain motors and I set a 6 grain case next to each one. That just looked cool. With that thought in mind I decided to move on to the next step.