Build Thread: LOC PK-3 Weasel (1.6" 29mm)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the build. I'm really a fan of the LOC 1.0, 1.6 and new 1.9 rockets. While I quickly got into their larger stuff, I started with their smaller line. As for their body tubes. I've had mixed results. The smaller 1.0 to 1.9 tubes have been easy to get glass smooth for me. Coat of high build primer, a coat of wood filler or auto body surfacer then block smooth. My recent 7.5" Warlock had some nasty bubbles under the outer layer but I just cut then out and filled them.

I still have the Weasel on on the wall waiting to be built. I'm going to move the fins back to the end of the tube like the later cards stock shows.

Thanks for the build thread. Looks great.

Awesome! Did I miss the motor you used?

I’m wrapping up the paint on mine. Left out the MMT so it can be a 38mm minimum diameter and added a 6” AV bay to get used to dual deployment.

Its funny, I bought an N and several M's over Wildman Wednesday and yesterday, I bought a Weasel.

To be honest, I am most excited about the Weasel. Mainly because its a fun little kit that I can fly anywhere really.

What did you use for electronics??

Love the paint scheme BTW!

Back