Build Thread: Lego Titanic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the money, one of those kits would be on my desk today. I ended up getting the new Ferrari Daytona SP3 last week. Finished it today and started installing a light kit for it.

If I had the money, one of those kits would be on my desk today. I ended up getting the new Ferrari Daytona SP3 last week. Finished it today and started installing a light kit for it.
One of the reasons I decided to get the Titanic was because the piece count to price ratio was pretty good. $630 for 9000 pieces isn't bad at all.

Those technic supercars are cool though. I have the Porsche 911.

One of the reasons I decided to get the Titanic was because the piece count to price ratio was pretty good. $630 for 9000 pieces isn't bad at all.

Those technic supercars are cool though. I have the Porsche 911.
I was going to get one for $630 until I saw it was one of the few kits Lego marked up in cost so it's like $680 now. I already have the Colosseum though and it was fun to build. The new Ferrari has a double-clutch gearbox with working paddle shifters that actually do make a difference in the speed that the engine pistons and wheels move when you shift it up and down.

I was going to get one for $630 until I saw it was one of the few kits Lego marked up in cost so it's like $680 now. I already have the Colosseum though and it was fun to build. The new Ferrari has a double-clutch gearbox with working paddle shifters that actually do make a difference in the speed that the engine pistons and wheels move when you shift it up and down.
Yeah, my Porsche has those same features.

the wife picked up the Galaxy Explorer for me on the week-end. debating to do a similar build thread..

any interest?
The Galaxy Explorer is fantastic really enjoyed building mine.

The build is really neat. Is it just me or do the props look small? Cool that that they are in Warm Gold so they look bronze-ish

The build is really neat. Is it just me or do the props look small? Cool that that they are in Warm Gold so they look bronze-ish
This is off the top of my head judging by my memory of a Titanic plastic model I built when I was younger so take it with a grain of salt...

The middle propeller looks right to me, except that it should have four blades. The outboards had three blades, but I think for closer to true scale they should maybe 25% or so bigger.

Back