Build Thread: Lego Titanic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently the Master Builders at Legoland use MEK on their big builds. I'm assuming that they have a really good ventilation system with a forced-air hood above their worktable.

One thing I remember hearing from a speedbuild video on this kit was that you need to be careful to align the drivetrain before linking the section with it and the section with the boilers. Otherwise, it will give you nothing but grief when you try to link them.

One thing I remember hearing from a speedbuild video on this kit was that you need to be careful to align the drivetrain before linking the section with it and the section with the boilers. Otherwise, it will give you nothing but grief when you try to link them.
I have a feeling you mean the engines, not the boilers... but I'll keep that in mind. Those are in the stern section though and it's probably going to be a while yet before I get that far. Another extended break will probably be coming once I'm done with the middle section.

That's AWESOME!!! I really wish I had the opportunity to build one of those. I'm super jealous.

You're doing a great job on this thread. Keep it up please!

Do the two sections just slide together or do they latch somehow?

Do the two sections just slide together or do they latch somehow?
If you look at the first picture you can see hinge pieces and axles sticking out of the middle section. These mate to axle holes and the opposite hinge piece on the bow section. The second and third pictures show a big pin being put into place that locks them together.

I genuinely didn't think I was going to be back so soon, but what I feel like doing is what I feel like doing.

Box 3, containing the parts for the stern section of the ship, contains 26 bags numbered 29-46. There are two bags each numbered 29, 30, 36-40, and 46.

20220813_181451.jpg

Back