Build Thread: Lego Titanic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#13 bags complete. This is the lower frame for the section of the ship including funnel 2. This middle section will be built in two halves centered on funnels 2 and 3.

20220630_205602.jpg

The boiler rooms have taken shape at the front end of this section. They will be opposite the actual boilers when the bow and middle sections are assembled.

20220630_205433.jpg

Question: when building a kit of this enormity, does it continue to be *enjoyable* all the way through? I can appreciate that the finished kit is extraordinary, and that (as always) there are loads of impressive bits of engineering to admire as you build. But is it actually *fun*?

I've found that with some of the Lego kits, my enjoyment starts to wane after a while and it becomes drudgery (especially true of the large Technics set I built). This is true even as I marvel at what I'm constructing.

Could just be me.

Question: when building a kit of this enormity, does it continue to be *enjoyable* all the way through? I can appreciate that the finished kit is extraordinary, and that (as always) there are loads of impressive bits of engineering to admire as you build. But is it actually *fun*?

I've found that with some of the Lego kits, my enjoyment starts to wane after a while and it becomes drudgery (especially true of the large Technics set I built). This is true even as I marvel at what I'm constructing.

Could just be me.
Same thing as with rockets for me, when you get tired of it, go do something else for a while. I did take a break of a few months between building the bow and middle sections, and I expect to take another break between finishing the middle and starting the stern section. That helps keep it fun.

How much CA glue have you used to build this thing? I'm assuming that you're NOT going to be taking it apart anytime soon...

Latest posts

Back