Build Thread: Lego Titanic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any means by which a person could get a part that is lost, missing or broken?
If a set was short a part, or came with a damaged part a quick call to LEGO customer service and they will send you a replacement.
1-800-422-5346

I may save up and hopefully Lego will decide to put more in stock again, I just don't have any room for it. I did the Colosseum and then a week after I finished (took 39 hours to do), Lego announced the Titanic. The Colosseum is amazing in its own right but..... Titanic.....

There are those who believe that the Titanic was designed so poorly and constructed from such inferior materials that a head-on collision would have shattered the vessel from bow to stern and it would have sunk even faster.

We'll never know.
We could support Clive to find out......

Bag #12 and bow section complete after adding a few final hull plates, aft guy lines for the mast, and lifeboats.

20220419_194103.jpg

My Lego itch has been thoroughly scratched at this point and I have a few rocket projects on the back burner I'd like to get back to. It might be a bit before I decide to open box 2 and start the middle section, but I'll be back eventually.

Very cool. It looks like you might be posting the contents once sorted and then the finished product in real-time. You might have mentioned that earlier and I just glossed over it, but I think that's cool. It gives an idea of the 'complexity' of the assembly of that section. Then again, I imagine sometimes the phone rings, baby cries, [adult] TV (hahaha, had to bring it back up - classic 'worst timing EVER' picture) or something else might skew the clock a bit.

It seems like saying an hour per bag is a reasonable approximation.

But, going back to rocket projects makes sense. No need to burn yourself out on this one and also people will probably appreciate new posts in a few weeks more than constant posts as well.

I look forward to box 2 when the time comes.

Sandy.

Keep in mind that I spend time sorting all the pieces the way I do, and depending on the bag's contents that adds another 30-60 minutes. While I don't have any reference for comparison, people have told me I'm really fast with Lego.
“If I only had an hour to chop down a tree, I would spend the first 45 minutes sharpening my axe.” -Abraham Lincoln

I expect that the sorting makes it go faster too.

Back