Bt instead of nc separation.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicStorm

Reaction score
So i just started another build. It is the estes vapor w/29mm upgrade. I was thinking about glueing the nose cone to the body tube, then only glueing half of the coupling to the bottom side of the bt that has the motor in it. I then would have a baffle with a i hook connected to the coupler that is glued to the bottom bt and i guess the other side of the shock cord would be connected to the nose cone. Just wondering if it will have enough pressure to seperate the body tubes or should i just let it seperate at the nose cone like the plans say?

You could do that if you want too. The ejection charge will have enough juice to blow the BT and attached nose cone off. The pressure is the same both ways. Just remember to attach the nose cone to the body tube. You could use plastic rivets or screws.

After much thought, i have decided to go with dual deployment. I want i lightweight rocket with potential for serious upgrades in the future. I think i want the fins to be ttw and im going with paper skined balsa for lightweight. Already working on a 32" /1.1 ripstop chute w/ 20"spillhole. All kevlar and lightweight dacron shrouds has been ordered. Just got the fin alignment tool in today so im stoked to use that. I need to order electronics now. Maybe the fs mini, i want to be able to put it in my camanchee 3 and herc/payload project easily too.

I was looking at the stratologger and if i ever plan on upgrading or getting the beeping device then i might as well go ahead and spend a little extra and get something nice.

Back