• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found BT-56 body tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danomite45

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
I’ve searched my box-o-parts and scoured the World Wide Web and can’t seem to find a single BT-56 body tube!
I’m rebuilding an original Estes Astrocam 110 ( yes, a film camera) and need a body tube. I could even use a few so I can make different boosters for the camera.
I understand they used Semroc BT-56 tubes. The Inside Dimension is 1.304” and the Outside Dimension is 1.346".
I sure could use a few tubes 12” long or longer.

thanks ahead of time for the help!
Daniel

Last edited:
The Inside Dimension is 1.304” and the Outside Dimension is 1.346".

Estes Amazon uses a tube that size. The website says 1.33", but mine measures almost exactly what you posted:

https://estesrockets.com/product/001469-tandem-x-launch-set/

I don't see the tube listed separately, but it would be worth an email or call to see if they could provide one.

I have notes that Mach 1 used fiberglass tubes measuring 1.299/1.342. They've been through changes since I collected that info. Again, it might be worth a call.

I’ve noted the Centuri ST-13 tube, however the ID is a bit too small.

Looks like you found some tubes. Congrats!

For anyone curious, ST-13 and BT-56 are functionally identical; both have an external diameter of 1.34”, internal diameter is 1.30”. The dimensions listed for BT-56 on the eRockets website are incorrect.

Additionally, eRockets is out of stock of most lengths of ST-13, and have been for a while. You can get BT-56 from Estes, however; two 18” tubes are included in the TARC package available on their website.

Back