BT-1835?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for this tube? I'm wondering if Semroc makes one, but it seems to be an obscure search so far.

"I think that you need to source one of the three kits using it from eBay or another rocketeer.

The three kits are:
a) Terrier Sandhawk (Estes 2083)
b) Python (Estes 2129)
c) Seahawk SM-3 (Estes 2149)

It appears that the last two kits were done for spare parts elimination, unfortunately. Semroc's ST-18 (O.D. 1.840", I.D. 1.800") is slightly larger in diameter than BT-1835 (O.D. 1.835", I.D. approx. 1.793" assuming 0.021" wall thickness). Unless you had someone checking with a micrometer, most people couldn't tell the difference. If you are trying to clone the Terrier Sandhawk, there are a lot of unique plastic parts in this kit. The Sandhawk section is a reproduction of the older (K-51) Sandhawk kit. The Terrier section has two-piece plastic fins and a plastic transition that was used in this kit and then SM-3 Seahawk. The fins were used on all three BT-1835 kits. Euclid could produce the tube, but their minimum order requirement is pretty steep (At least 1000 pieces, I think). Micromeister may know about that.

Last edited:
I was actually looking for a repair/replacement part. I may order a Semroc #18 tube and do a comparison. It may turn out to fit close enough. It may not. Only one way to find out.

Thanks for the spec info. I was unable to find the specs for the ID of the BT-1835. It's very helpful.

I actually compared the two tubes directly. The complete, but not installed motor mount on a Centurion F kit would not slide into the BT-1835, but it would fit with just a little sanding. As I said in my last post, the Estes is slightly smaller than the Semroc tube, but unless you are looking at both side-by-side, you would not be able to tell the difference. The outside diameter of the BT-1835 was obtained from the outer wrapper of the Terrier Sandhawk kit; the inside diameter was estimated by using the wall thickness that Estes normally uses (0.021") and doing the math.

Back