BT 100 Update!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
There is two ways to get a BT-100 tube without making one since Kosrox and “The Launch Pad” have both done out of business.

The first way will cost the most since you have to buy 100 tubes. You can buy the tubes from:
Euclid Spiral Paper Tube Corp.
339 Mill Street - Box 458
Apple Creeek, Ohio 44606
330-698-4711

The second way is the buy one from Tim at Apogee. Just ask for the main body tube to their 1/70 scale Saturn 1B. It is just a little heavier but not much.

1000 BT-100 tubes at 18" long 3.702 x 3.744" are $399.00. If you order less than this amount then there will be a $35.00 setup fee and you would have to call them for the price. By the way I gave the wrong telephone aera code. The number is 330-698-4711.

16.5" long BT-101 tubes 1000 each are $391.75
34" long BT-100 tubes are $740.90 for 1000 tubes.
12.5" long BT-51 is $100.00 for 1000 tubes.

Euclid Spiral Paper Tube Corp. also can make any of the Estes body tubes ever made such as the BT-99, BT-3, BT63, BT-40, BT-48 and so on. It would be a good deal for a club to go in together.

Hope this helps,
Flash

Wow, that's a great price for that size tube.
I just doubt I could sell off 980 of them, even on the list.

Maybe I should do a survey, see how much interest there is.
Only other concern is quality. Would be kinda late to discover they unravel or crease too easy when you have 1000 tubes in the living room.

Something else - imagine the shipping container 1000 BT 100 tubes would arrive in. You can't pack them inside each other since all same diameter, that would be one huge package.
Any idea what the shipping charge would be?

Originally posted by pdooley

Only other concern is quality. Would be kinda late to discover they unravel or crease too easy when you have 1000 tubes in the living room.

The quality would be exactly the same as an Estes tube because Estes buys their tubes from Euclid! :D

You forgot another problem you will run into with 980 4" tubes.

Where are you going to store them???

You can't stack them too high or the ones on the bottom will get crushed!

Also DON'T Get 'em wet!

sandman:D

Originally posted by sandman
You forgot another problem you will run into with 980 4" tubes.

Where are you going to store them???

You can't stack them too high or the ones on the bottom will get crushed!

Ummm, I was thinking of building a giant wine rack:)

1000 BT100 tubes, 18" long would fill a space 18 feet wide, 18 feet long and over 13 feet high...

Of course, you could *squeeze* them into a bread box if you really tried...

...:D

Another thing to consider is shipping. Do the prices above include that? At the volume mentioned by Jim, sounds like a semi is headed your way. And if other folks buy chunks of your order, how will you get them the tubes? Euclid may split shipthe order, but will they cahrge you extra for it?

Might be worth seeing what the setup fee/shipment would be for a smaller order (700? 500? 300?)

FWIW,
-bill

Also take into account that a delivery truck (these *would* be delivered by an 18-wheeler...), there is a service charge for delivering to a residence as opposed to a business (with a shipping dock).

Anywhere from $45 to $100 extra

The tube quality is equal to Estes. A matter of fact the tubes are the same color of Estes non-white tubes.

You can buy a lower number of tubes but if you do there is a setup fee of $35.00. You would have to check with them on price but lets say the price was 50 cents a tube then you could buy 100 tubes for $50.00 plus the 35.00 setup fee which means 100 tubes for $85.00 plus what ever shipping is.

Flash

Originally posted by Flash
There is two ways to get a BT-100 tube without making one since Kosrox and “The Launch Pad” have both done out of business.
I beg to differ...Chuck Barndt of The Launch Pad is in the process of updating his web site, still making kits and shipping them to dealers. I'm planning on picking up one of TLP's kits tomorrow from Performance Hobbies.

So, I would buy 25 tubes at 50 cents each plus shipping.... even at a dollar each.

Can we get a group order together for BT-100s for 100 tubes, or whatever?

I would buy 25 at a dollar each.
We should see how many we need and then contact Euclid.

What is the best way to determine interest?
Through this thread or maybe a survey?

When I said that "The Launch Pad" was out of business it was because I haven't been able to get in touch with them for most of the last year and because of the post under venders for 6/18/04. If they are in business then their Pershing 1A kit uses a BT-100 size tube. I have brought some tubes from him in the pass, so see if you can get in touch with him to buy some tubes.

Flash

Originally posted by Flash
When I said that "The Launch Pad" was out of business it was because I haven't been able to get in touch with them for most of the last year and because of the post under venders for 6/18/04. If they are in business then their Pershing 1A kit uses a BT-100 size tube. I have brought some tubes from him in the pass, so see if you can get in touch with him to buy some tubes.

Flash
Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies is stopping by Chuck's place on Monday to pick up some more TLP kits and I have exchanged a couple of emails with him personally. He is certainly not back in full swing at this point, but he is getting there. :D

Back