BSD High Power Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will start with a MD38 and work up. I already have the tubing for it.

Rut-roh!:duck:

I will wager it will be a MD 98..Shoot, Don has a MD 75mm Thor me thinks..:wink:

OK one at a time answers
I have a 75mm 4" Thor-X, it going up on a L900 in the Dark Matter race at LDRS.
A MD98 Darkstar XX-treme also going up at LDRS on a M800.

OK one at a time answers
I have a 75mm 4" Thor-X, it going up on a L900 in the Dark Matter race at LDRS.
A MD98 Darkstar XX-treme also going up at LDRS on a M800.

Wow. Please take video.

So many people want to see the return of BSD Rocketry... lots of fans :wink:
Scott are you still interested in selling BSD?

Trouble still abound for Scott, lots of problems that only time will cure.
now is Scott interested in selling BSD?, simple answer YES!!!, He understands that he may not be able to get it going. It's a powers to be thing!

I just bought alot of Scotts stock to bring a new design to market at some point down the road. Also just got a CNC machine for making parts (CR's,BH and fins)
, the Airframe is FG. Just have to get use to the CNC, but have many new way of incorporating electronic into the CR and others. This will be a new path for me.

I will start with a MD38 and work up. I already have the tubing for it.

That was one of the new designs I did for BSD, you've seen it , it called "Evilution" and is a 38mm MD fiberglass little beast with Honeycomb CF fins, last launch at Red Glare on a J570, but had a small venting problem and blew apart at 1500 feet at mach 1.2, strip the chute, it survived without a scratch, just needs a new chute.

Only wish I had the time to buy BSD and run it right.
Time and space are my only problems, but thats a huge problem. Love BSD rockets and wish them to survive and I hope it will, always love working with Scott and I think he will alway be a rocketeer at heart.
Scott, I feel your pain and only the best wishes to you, It was a good run!

In the past I have offered to pay licensing and royalties to produce the old BSD kits, but with little interest from Scott. Hopefully the dry spell will be ended soon. Best of luck to Scott and the new buyer.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

Ben and Binder combo would be great, but I think some the designed were done by someone outside BSD.

Once again, expressing interest.

Mike Fisher

I'd like to see this come about as well. Hope you are able to work something out but based on what I read on here unlikely.

Of course your kits are amazing - there is a Velociraptor in my future. Just not today.

Why dosen't Scott just tell us his plans and get this over with????
gp

He did, his plan was trying to bring BSD back. But Scott's life seems to be a constant uphill battle. I commend him for the strength he has, and wish him an end to his troubles so he can get to the other side of the mountain to coast for a bit.

If I were Scott I would sell 90% controll of BSD and get his life going well again then come back and make BSD better than it ever was. Other wise in another 2-3 years no one will never know who BSD was. How many new flyers today ever heard of Rocket R&D, and the many kit builders who have come and gone over the last 20 years. There has been a very good number of them. I know we sold chutes to a larger number of them. Mad Cow Rocketry has taken a very large part of the paper tube kit bussiness now. So the longer it takes Scott to get going the harder it will be.
GP

Why dosen't Scott just tell us his plans and get this over with????
gp

I am not sure he owns the plans. It is usually more complex than this. It depends how the designed of the original plans contracted the use of the design.

BSD owns all rights to designs and artworks to all it Rocket Kits produced and a few you've never seen!
Again and again offers have cropped up, only to split up and /or only want parts of it.
Scott just looking to get back what he's got into it, by some means, a full 20x24ft garage of stock, hundreds of Nose cones and tubes, looks to be enough to build a few hundred kits.

Now as far as Scott saying it himself, I'm his Wingman and will help be BSD's interface to a new home if that's possible.

BSD owns all rights to designs and artworks to all it Rocket Kits produced and a few you've never seen!
Again and again offers have cropped up, only to split up and /or only want parts of it.
Scott just looking to get back what he's got into it, by some means, a full 20x24ft garage of stock, hundreds of Nose cones and tubes, looks to be enough to build a few hundred kits.

Now as far as Scott saying it himself, I'm his Wingman and will help be BSD's interface to a new home if that's possible.

Awesome. I had heard that one of the designers might pull his designs if they switch ownership. You know rumors.

Only two designers on them, both have signed off, long ago!

That is awesome. I really hope someone gets BSD back up. The kits are too good to fade away.

Back