BSD High Power Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, Just wanted to throw out a quick note out there that things are going well. Don is working on the BSD website and should be up before to long for viewing only at this point. Gotta tell ya though getting re-set up I think is harder than starting from new. But just so everyone knows that if we do not have the website up for ordering in time for Santa to place all those cool kits under your tree, I will have kits ready and will place them on the Rocketry Planet auction site and of course the long awaited Thors in all sizes will be there first followed by some of the other more popular kits. I will let everyone know as soon as they are there. I want to thank all of my loyal customers for waiting as this has just been a very trying time in my life but I beleive that I have turned the corner. Once we get back up and running 100% we will be releasing a few new kits that me and Don were working on before my life fell into the trash can. For those of you that wanted to see us produce a 6" Thor.....Well it's ready, parts are in, just waiting to write the instructions.

Thanks, Scott

This is great news!

I may have to add to my already backed-up winter build plans, especially if the big Horizon is coming back (6"?)

How is the hand?

After reading about the accident, I splurged for a Sawstop saw.

Alex

By "more popular kits" do you mean the Diablo?

Here's to hoping that's the case. :D

YES! Plus if time permits in time for Christmas we will be offering an extended fiber glass air frame Diablo with a limited number and I think the number is 50. That is because the tubes came in wrong for the Diab-glows so maybe there will be one of those under your tree.

This is great news!

I may have to add to my already backed-up winter build plans, especially if the big Horizon is coming back (6"?)

How is the hand?

After reading about the accident, I splurged for a Sawstop saw.

Alex

I think we might be able to squeeeeze a few of those in there but they arent 6", 5.5" and the 4.5 hand is just fine it just feels like there is always a glove on my stub.

I've always wanted a 2.6" Thor, (hint, hint) but am way too lazy to scratch build one. I will be watching for your website with great anticipation. Welcome back Scott!

Hey Scott--I have a great idea for your return--A huge 50% off sale on your monster 6" Thor--huh--huh? No need to thank me--I have plenty of other great ideas that involve you giving away your rockets. I have always wanted a Thor--but not a wimpy 4"--I always thought a 5.50" would be great--a 6" will do. Sure miss you at SSS launches. Remember when a rocket went thru your table--those were the days.

Last edited:
Scott,

Great news, Not being a jerk or anything. but is this time for real? We ALL really want to see BSD back up and running. We have heard you were coming back a few times... then nothing. PLEASE don't let that be the case this time.

Is there anything I can do to help you get it up an running. I'm only a hop skip and a jump away!! and I'm willing to help out.

Me three on the Diab-Glo, I have been posting the want ads for a while now, no luck :(. Glad to see you are going to be back up and running.

Diab-Glo was limited run of 100 and all got sold fast, much faster that expected. It may return at some point, if it does it will be changed to improve small problems ( more chute room, larger motor (going for a J350) and a little brighter )

Diab-Glo was limited run of 100 and all got sold fast, much faster that expected. It may return at some point, if it does it will be changed to improve small problems ( more chute room, larger motor (going for a J350) and a little brighter )

I'll get the new Diab-Glo the first day it is offered! Seeing Gordon's fly at Jean last year was a highlight launch for me--it was visible the whole time--amazingly cool. I can only imagine an I59, J500G or J340M at night in one of those.

Count me in for a small, 38mm airframe Thor and a 2-stager (Intrepid?) as well.

Will/could Blue Tube be an option? Or, perhaps custom option ordering via your website, like drop down choices (i.e. ply or G10 fins, Blue Tube or LOC or FG airframe, av-bay Y/N, motor retention, parachute type/size, harness length/type, etc). Just ideas to hopefully let BSD thrive once again!

I like the Diablos, both the day and night versions. I'd be thrilled to finally have the opportunity to buy one, any version.

Scott. are you out there or is this another tease. I really hope not I would love a couple BSD kits myself

Looking forward to BSD coming back online. I always though there was a nice selection of rockets.

I did my L1 cert on the Horizon, built the Thor, Lil John and Intrepid. I have the Thor X and the 5.5 Horizon kits in queue.

Would love to get a 6" Thor kit.

If you need any help with getting the instructions together, let me know. I am good with documentation.

Scott. are you out there or is this another tease. I really hope not I would love a couple BSD kits myself

Responded to with...deafening silence...

I really hope BSD comes back, but I am not getting warm fuzzies about it at this point.

They were suppose to be up by xmas. No website and the url goes to nothing.

Back