BSD 38 Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
I was looking online at the BSD 38 Special. I was wondering what experience you all have had with it. I saw only one review on EMRR and a few flight logs. I was wondering how easily one could convert it to dual deploy for some 38mm EX motors?

Edward

I doubt it would be that hard. Just put an altimeter in the coupler in between the payload and booster sections, then you should be fine

Originally posted by edwardw
I was looking online at the BSD 38 Special. I was wondering what experience you all have had with it. I saw only one review on EMRR and a few flight logs. I was wondering how easily one could convert it to dual deploy for some 38mm EX motors?

Edward

The review on EMMR is mine so I dont know what more I can tell you about the rocket other then to reiterate that it is a very nice rocket kit. I thought that it had a pretty good number of flight logs, as it has about 12 logs you be able to get a good idea of the flight history from this info.

It is a versatile rocket and very tough due to the dual tube design. I added a Giant Leap altimeter bay to mine you can find a review of that at EMMR as well. You could also make your own very easily. The bay on my 38 is designed to hold two alt's and there is plenty of room left over. I used this rocket for my level 2 flight last year. I plan on flying it this summer on some sugar motors.

Cheers,
Scott

Back