Bryan Brandis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan XJ6C

Reaction score
I started building rockets through a middle school program when I was around 13 years of age. I'm 60 now and started building again about 4 or 5 years ago.
My first rocket both when I was a boy and again those few years ago was the Estes Goblin, then I searched online for one that is is no longer available, the Estes Citation Quasar. The later was an easy beginner model but I loved it because of all the chrome. Attached are pictures of all the others so far including the Estes Mercury Redstone built just these past years and it took 3 trys to get it done, but I learned alot

I'm now working on an Estes Saturn V, and this one I had to request a replacement because the wraps were incorrect which I didn't discover until the final wrap was installed and also when applying paint the 2nd Stage Wrap melted or distorted. So I started over and am close to getting ready to attach the fin/fairings and the paint.

I really enjoy spending time, and thesedays taking my time building rockets so much, probably even more than I did when I was kid. It brings back my youth.

The NASA Space Program in the 60s and 70s just thrilled me. I remember watching a number of flights including Apollo II landing on the moon on our black and white TV. I had all kinds of Memorabilia and now building the Saturn V after all these years will be the greatest pleasure to complete.

I started building rockets through a middle school program when I was around 13 years of age. I'm 60 now and started building again about 4 or 5 years ago.
My first rocket both when I was a boy and again those few years ago was the Estes Goblin, then I searched online for one that is is no longer available, the Estes Citation Quasar. The later was an easy beginner model but I loved it because of all the chrome. Attached are pictures of all the others so far including the Estes Mercury Redstone built just these past years and it took 3 trys to get it done, but I learned alot

I'm now working on an Estes Saturn V, and this one I had to request a replacement because the wraps were incorrect which I didn't discover until the final wrap was installed and also when applying paint the 2nd Stage Wrap melted or distorted. So I started over and am close to getting ready to attach the fin/fairings and the paint.

I really enjoy spending time, and thesedays taking my time building rockets so much, probably even more than I did when I was kid. It brings back my youth.

The NASA Space Program in the 60s and 70s just thrilled me. I remember watching a number of flights including Apollo II landing on the moon on our black and white TV. I had all kinds of Memorabilia and now building the Saturn V after all these years will be the greatest pleasure to complete.
Welcome!

Something appears to have gone wrong with your image files though. Try again, maybe?

Back