Bruno has died

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry::sad: I never went to any rocket launches at Black Rock, but from what I have heard, he was a great man. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
Thanks,

Mark,
Do you know the succession plans for the hotel and restaurant now that Bruno has passed away.

I'm glad I got to meet him last year. I've heard lots of stories. I imagine most are true. :)

Wow... sad to learn of his passing. He was always jovial and hospitable during all of my stays @ Bruno's.
He leaves a great legacy out there in Gerlach.

From Facebook
A viewing for Bruno will be held on Thursday, May 18th from 3:00pm to 6:00pm at Walton's Sierra Chapel located at 875 W. Second St. in Reno, NV. Rosary service will begin at 4:00pm.
Service for Bruno will be held on Friday, May 19th beginning at 1:00pm at Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Church located at 1138 Wright St. in Reno, NV. A private burial for family will follow.
At a date to be determined, there will be a celebration of Bruno, in Bruno fashion, held at Bruno's Country Club in Gerlach, NV. Everyone is welcome to come and honor Bruno.
In lieu of flowers a Selmi great grandkid college account has been established at Nevada State Bank.
End Facebook quote.

The operations has been passed to I think a grandson. Last year the bar and restaurant had been remodeled, Lacey (bartender) is now the manager.
Sometime after BALLS there was a fire burning the front (?? Accounts vary) building of hotel rooms. They were waiting for spring to start rebuilding but said they were going to do it.

M

I was in Gerlach last week. They are working on rebuilding the rooms that burned. The center of the row near the road. You could see new lumber in the attic.

Tony

Back