bruce lee on junkyard wars

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
ok so i'm a huge fan of junkyard wars and today buce lee was helping them launch a ostrage egg and retreave it safely. all hpr too I'm not sure if its an older show but its still great. one rocket is cone shaped and one is cigar shaped. though right now their looking for motors.

Last edited:
I believe this episode first aired around 2001 or so. I think the motors used were a three motor cluster, probably three 38mm I161W or I211W and the cone used a single K motor, probably a 54mm K550W.

I loved Junkyard Wars.:D

OMG - who is airing that show? I haven't seen it in years!

EDIT: according to TV.com the show last aired in August 2004 - I hope it comes to my cable system

Last edited:
British TV has a similiar program called Scrapheap challenge. i think they have done the egg thing, but if i remember right, they had to build a cannon to fire the egg out.

"Scrapheap Challenge" has also done rockets, but the payload wasn't an egg. It was a snow globe. It also introduced the TV viewing public to another use for cabbage. :)

The 1st rocket one was "Scrapheap" in UK (1st season, last episode iirc), and is the one Adrian mentions. This must have been a good decade ago now. The format changed to Scrapheap Challenge in season 2 or 3.
The 1st US rocket one was "Junkyard Wars", and iirc was also filmed in UK (so must have been season 1?) a couple of years later. This would be the one CharlaineC refers to. There was a write up in Tripoli HPR mag at some point, probably by Bruce Lee?

Just to confuse things, Junkyard Wars (US) was also shown in UK under the name Scrapheap Challenge USA and Junkyard Wars, but I suspect that Scrapheap and Scrapheap Challenge were not shown in US (except the UK-US special challenge version).

Just to confuse things, Junkyard Wars (US) was also shown in UK under the name Scrapheap Challenge USA and Junkyard Wars, but I suspect that Scrapheap and Scrapheap Challenge were not shown in US (except the UK-US special challenge version).

Yes the Scrapheap Challenge was shown as Junkyard Wars, at least most of the early episodes were English - both series produced by Cathy Rodgers.
But I can't find it on the local TLC listings

your right my mistake it is discovery science. 12pm-2pm eastern.
also on that show the expert who i can remember his name is another well known in the rocketry world. i just cant remember his name grrrrrrr.

The expert was Ky Michaelson. Side note: Ky has always gotten on my nerves for some reason but I've never been able to pinpoint what it is about him that bugs me...maybe the fact that he calls himself "the Rocketman" like he's the only one. I dunno. Just my opinion.

It is because the only time he is doing our kind of rocketry a camera and sponsorship is involved.

I have watched probably every episode of this show that was taped and I love it. Make useful gadgets from junk. It is "reality TV" at it's finest. IMHO :D

Saw this thread and thought I would post...

In season 4, episode 1 the challenge was to build a dragster. The expert for the Texas Scrap Daddies was my brother in law, Dan Lubinski. Their team won. One of the toys that came out based on the show (maybe there was more than one toy, I'm not sure) was little Matchbox style car of the dragster that the Texas team built which included a rather vague little action figure that didn't look like any one member of the team. But, since it had a moustache, we figure in may be Danny.

"Scrapheap Challenge" has also done rockets, but the payload wasn't an egg. It was a snow globe. It also introduced the TV viewing public to another use for cabbage. :)

Sorry if this has been posted before, but my bud just found it and sent it along.

[video=youtube;huf3-gkkgZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf3-gkkgZw[/video]

I used to watch it, but it got a little silly when the challenges became so extreme that they had to plant special equipment for the teams in the junkyard. Then it basically became which team found the planted stuff first as opposed to the best engineering design.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I am still sorta new to all of this ;)

It was sent to me by a coworker and good friend at work who went with me to my first club launch. A few days later he was using open rocket and sending me 10 youtube rocket links a day.

Was a fun watch from the past

Last edited:
Back