BRS Hobbies Nova Payloader

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WShoreRockets

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones who got one of the Nova Payloaders from BRS Hobbies, so I thought I'd share the build with you all.

Before I start, I should say that I am not a fan of 3 fin rockets. I have nothing against them, I just prefer 4 fins.

I changed the shock cord from a paper mount to kevlar. Here's the motor mount.

npmount.JPG

And the final paint job. I found a real nice acrylic paint that is a blue pearl finish that I absolutely love. The white is a white pearl finish as well. I only used the one decal, that being the name one. The stripes are paint. I airbrush, so it wasn't too difficult.

For some strange reason, the board kept saying these files were too big for attachments. I dunno why. Never had that problem before.

npfinal.JPG

Probably not for another 2 weeks. My weekends are locked up tight until the 8th of April.

And be warned, I'm not good with flight pics. The camera isn't the greatest. You might see it on the pad, but that's probably it.

I really like your paint scheme on the Nova Payloader! Very nicely done!

Best regards,
Brian

The blue is DecoArt Ice Blue, from their Dazzling Metallics line.

I't about $1.25/2 oz. bottle. I think I used maybe an ounce in the jar(2 oz. jar), plus water to thin, and used maybe 1/4 of the jar. So about a half ounce, minus overspray. I think it took 2 coats.

Its a small line, but some really nice stuff. Its available at Michael's.

Back