Bringing back the childhood hobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3verb

Reaction score
Hey All!

My name is Casey Levinger and I'm new around here. I've been doing model rockets on and off since I was like 8 years old and I'm just now really getting back into it as an adult. My 2 year old seems to love rockets and planes and drones so this seemed like a great way to entertain him for a day. I've got a few rockets currently flying (all estes):

Mini Fat Boy
Der Red Max (Buzz lightyear themed)
1671259516314.jpeg
Twin Factor
Boosted Bertha (Blue Angle Themed)
1671259567255.jpeg

And I have a few still left to build:
Red Nova
Star Orbiter
Astron Explorer

I'm looking to get into HPR this year with an L1 cert rocket (still trying to figure out which one to get) and I'd like to get into dual deployment as well. My goals for 2023 is an L1 cert, fly a camera, fly and altimeter and fly a jolly logic chute release. I also enjoy the occasional Youtube video and I'm actually hoping to do some more of that this year to chronicle this HPR journey. Here's a few of the last videos:

Thanks for stopping by!

Casey Levinger

Bringing back the childhood hobby, and wonderful you are sharing it with your own son... welcome back, and thank you for introducing a new up and comer rocketeer! Welcome from Alabama!

Hey All!

My name is Casey Levinger and I'm new around here. I've been doing model rockets on and off since I was like 8 years old and I'm just now really getting back into it as an adult. My 2 year old seems to love rockets and planes and drones so this seemed like a great way to entertain him for a day. I've got a few rockets currently flying (all estes):

Mini Fat Boy
View attachment 551425
Twin Factor
View attachment 551426

Red Nova
Star Orbiter
Astron Explorer

I'm looking to get into HPR this year with an L1 cert rocket (still trying to figure out which one to get) and I'd like to get into dual deployment as well. My goals for 2023 is an L1 cert, fly a camera, fly and altimeter and fly a jolly logic chute release. I also enjoy the occasional Youtube video and I'm actually hoping to do some more of that this year to chronicle this HPR journey. Here's a few of the last videos:

Thanks for stopping by!

Casey Levinger

Just based on the Buzz Lightyear and Blue Angels rockets, I feel like we could have been cast in the same mold. Welcome to the forums!

Welcome back to the party R3verb! Compliments on the pics and vids and your outstanding launch crew. :)

For certification you’re going to need to join one of the national hobby rocket organizations NAR or Tripoli. Some join both but either one is a good choice. Going with the local club’s affiliation works. My suggestion is reach out to the locals and attend a launch before deciding on your L1 rocket. Good luck 👍.

Hey All!

Mini Fat Boy
View attachment 551425
Twin Factor
View attachment 551426

Red Nova
Star Orbiter
Astron Explorer

Thanks for stopping by!

Casey Levinger

“I'm looking to get into HPR this year with an L1 cert rocket (still trying to figure out which one to get) and I'd like to get into dual deployment as well. My goals for 2023 is an L1 cert, fly a camera, fly and altimeter and fly a jolly logic chute release.”

These are EXACTLY my same goals for this year!
I’m working on two rockets currrently that each could do L1 or L2 and just got a JLCR as a gift for the holidays.
I also built a camera rocket bay for a Super Big Bertha that is complete I just haven’t flown it yet. 8272D883-A38F-4BAE-9518-34F59FAC6073.jpeg

Back