Brand X motorhardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyL

Reaction score
Anyone have any information about Brand X motor hardware? I am going to order one in the next day or two and was wondering if anyone had seen it perform. The prices are very good and the quality of the product looks to be excellent. I will have one in my hot little hands soon if no one else has seen it. It is sold on the TruCore web site at :
https://www.rocketsaway.com/truecore/

JimmyL

Jimmy
I looked at Ed's hardware when I was at LDRS and it is very nice. I am getting ready to order a 3 and 5 grain 76mm sets. I have bought his casting sets and have been very happy with them and Ed has great service.

I have the Brand X 76mm 4 grain motor as well as the 54 mm 3 grain and 4 grain motors. All work as advertised.

I have a custom case from him; it's a 54mm that holds 5" of propellant. Good for almost a full I loads (depending on formula).
I've flown the case twice & held up to a single grain white & 2 segment blue.

He also repairs damaged hardware.

JD

Last edited:
I have 38-240 through 6"3 grain with almost every size inbetween.90% of those being made/machined/shortened :)P ) by Ed. I also have 38,54,76,98 and soon 114 and 152mm trucore sets!! E-mail me if you need any help/info on them!

Ben

Anyone have any information about Brand X motor hardware? I am going to order one in the next day or two and was wondering if anyone had seen it perform. The prices are very good and the quality of the product looks to be excellent. I will have one in my hot little hands soon if no one else has seen it. It is sold on the TruCore web site at :
https://www.rocketsaway.com/truecore/

JimmyL

I have lots of Ed's hardware and nozzles, great stuff. It's not anodized, so you should keep it lightly greased. Here is a test of the 24mm casing, which has been fired a bunch more times with great results:

https://www.rocketsaway.com/245G.mpg

I have lots of Ed's hardware and nozzles, great stuff. It's not anodized, so you should keep it lightly greased. Here is a test of the 24mm casing, which has been fired a bunch more times with great results:

https://www.rocketsaway.com/245G.mpg

Wow! That was nice. 24mm? Sheesh. Is 245G the motor designation or is it the recommended altimeter G rating? :) Good testimonial for the motor hardware.
LenB

Wow! That was nice. 24mm? Sheesh. Is 245G the motor designation or is it the recommended altimeter G rating? :) Good testimonial for the motor hardware.
LenB

Im pretty sure that was the designation. G245

Ben

Based on the burn time and performance, it's a 200 Ns H375 :)

It's hot for sure. I don't know research motors really at all because it is very rare in Canada. I've bought and reas some of the books but it really won't happen here for me. I don't have a proper work area for it. It is quite difficult and costly to comply with the regs here. BTW, I missed the card at the beginning of the video as I was leaning over to turn on my speakers. Ummmm, as it turns out, they were up a bit too loud. The neighbours are going to think I was testing something like that in here. Great looking motor.

LenB

That is up in the air, I would like to make it but I will have to see if it works out. No Red Glare for you?

you should be ashamed for asking that! :) Course' ill be at Red Glare! Can't make Friday though :(

Ben

What is up with there website? I keep getting Bandwidth Limit Exceeded.

Something on the host server was running my Pop3 up past 10Gb BW. Had to change hosts. Down for a week. Still updating site. isnt the internet fun...

5X7 ??? hat size?

BenU, are you ready for some football?

Hi Ed,

I am ready for some football, Wife and I will be in Miami for the opening night of Monday night football. Peyton and he Colts will be dining on broiled Dolphin......

Jimmy L.

Hi Ed,

I am ready for some football, Wife and I will be in Miami for the opening night of Monday night football. Peyton and he Colts will be dining on broiled Dolphin......

Jimmy L.

Im ready too. Friday nights at 7:30! Im inside D-line. First game this Friday!!

Ben

I received my new motors today from TruCore. They are works of art. The machining and finish is first rate. I can't wait to give them a try. I have the 54mm 5 grain and the 76mm 4 grain. They should kick some rockets rear. I will let everyone know when they have been fired.......

Back