• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BRAND X 29MM 3G-160 Ns REASEARCH KIT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMdotCOM

Reaction score
I won this in a raffle and have no use for it. A Brand X by TruCore research kit new in package. Includes;

1-29mm case
1-Graphite Nozzle
1-Delay Forward Closure
1 Delay Closure Plug
1-Ejection Well
8-O-rings
4-Snap Rings
3-Ejection Caps
3-Delay Grain Seals
3-Precut Liners
3-Precut Casting Tube

Let's say $50 takes it or the best offer received by 1/7/2013 at 3PM est. Let me know if you have questions.

Brand x 1.jpgbrand x 2.jpgbrand x 3.jpg

I won this in a raffle and have no use for it. A Brand X by TruCore research kit new in package. Includes;

1-29mm case
1-Graphite Nozzle
1-Delay Forward Closure
1 Delay Closure Plug
1-Ejection Well
8-O-rings
4-Snap Rings
3-Ejection Caps
3-Delay Grain Seals
3-Precut Liners
3-Precut Casting Tube

Let's say $50 takes it or the best offer received by 1/7/2013 at 3PM est. Let me know if you have questions.

View attachment 109957View attachment 109958View attachment 109959

So, the good (at least for THIS sale) is that TruCore appears to no longer make 29mm hardware (Ed?) Thus, maybe a collectors item.

The not so good...you can get a 2 grain 38mm kit for about the same price.

So, the good (at least for THIS sale) is that TruCore appears to no longer make 29mm hardware (Ed?) Thus, maybe a collectors item.

The not so good...you can get a 2 grain 38mm kit for about the same price.

It must be priced as a collectors item. I do not remember them being that expensive.

And thus the "obo" you can see the original price tag on photo 3.

Jeff you beat me by two minutes!

Haha, I was debating it. They'd be cool to play with. Need to check with Ed to see if there's a place to get more tubes/liners.

Send him a PM...you might offer more than I did :wink:

No Sir! Rocketeer's code of honour! ( altho for a moment I thot of typing: "What Jeff said plus a dollar!") LOL!

Last edited:
Haha, I was debating it. They'd be cool to play with. Need to check with Ed to see if there's a place to get more tubes/liners.

No Sir! Rocketeer's code of honour! ( altho for a moment I thot of typing: "What Jeff said plus a dollar!") LOL!

I own some BrandX 29mm. Ed told me I can use BT-50 and the Coupler stock for casting sets. BalsaMachining is a great source for 34" lengths. Scott from Loki also has some 29mm liner sets that are nicer. They are a little shorter in length, but the casting tubes are thinner walled which is nice. Thick Liners are good, thick casting tubes (coupler stock) not so much.

I own some BrandX 29mm. Ed told me I can use BT-50 and the Coupler stock for casting sets. BalsaMachining is a great source for 34" lengths. Scott from Loki also has some 29mm liner sets that are nicer. They are a little shorter in length, but the casting tubes are thinner walled which is nice. Thick Liners are good, thick casting tubes (coupler stock) not so much.

That's good information, Kevin. Thanks!

Brandx 29mm use the BT50 as a liner and CT50 as cast tube. The cases are more similar to Kosdon 29mm.
The Loki liners wont fit. Loki 29mm case are thinner walled and take a larger OD than the BT50.

Bill of BMS is moving to Nevada.

Brandx 29mm use the BT50 as a liner and CT50 as cast tube. The cases are more similar to Kosdon 29mm.
The Loki liners wont fit. Loki 29mm case are thinner walled and take a larger OD than the BT50.

Bill of BMS is moving to Nevada.

Thanks for the clarification Ed. I hope no harm is done. I just did a test fit of the Loki's (just bought some recently), you are correct. They will fit in my Garolite / Phenolic SU motors and Kosdon case.

I do like the casting tube better and a BT 50 with the loki casting is ideal, but probably not worth the cost of buying both.

Hey Ed, Patrick McConnell here. I believe I won that way back when Cato hosted Narcon. I have held on to it that long thinking I would get into mixing. I hope all is well with you.

I have been offered the $50. If something falls through I will post another message. Thanks for playing. Keep an eye out as I have some other misc stuff I was accumulating to get into mixing. Just odds and ends.

Unless you have the first one.... :)

Unless you have the first one.... :)

Thanks Scott, I had forgotten. So many motors. Christmas tree launch ?

Heres the skinny. First ones were the larger ID, like Loki. Not many made.
By what Pat said and the packing, good possibility its the larger case ID. I believe 1.009"

The 2nd revision were the smaller ID, thick walled.
2nd revision ID is approx 0.995"

$50? Now you know why I stopped making them.

Hey Pat,
aim straight :)

Last edited:
I missed on that one, but congrats to the high bidder.

I'll look forward to seeing what else you put on the table :wink:

Back