BP: f, ff, fff, ffff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has worked flawless and it's ready again when you load another cup. At 6" and smaller diameter rockets, I use 2 starters in 1 cup, use enough powder, it works. My logic, alts and starters can fail, BP less likely. Sorry to deviate from the intent of the post.

I just started using BP for DD this year. I have a friend who reloads and has shot muzzle loader and we talked about the 2. I picked up a 1lb thing of 3f BP and to me it looks the same as motor eject charges.

My MC SDX3 has 1/2" pvc caps with a small oval shaped hole in the side that I feed the ematch in, drop in 1 or 1.4grams of 3f and pack it tight with a small peice of wadding and masking tape, X and around.

So far with 4 flights and ground testing all charges have fired, just a 12" nomex chute protector, tubular kevlar and laundry shelf for the main. No holes or melted recovery gear, yet.

I plan to do either the tubing or medical vial for smaller rockets.

~John

Attachments

• IMG_20180812_000123709.jpg
    IMG_20180812_000123709.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 91
The 2F will work fine.

Avoid the mortar and pestle. Bad idea to work with compounds containing both fuel and oxidizer dry, always best to wet the compound. Dry mixing has the most potential to create a problem.

QuickBurst

Back