Bottom Of The Box Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accooper

Reaction score
One day while I was going through my totally organized model rocket building supplies, my wife came in and asked what I was going to do with all the left overs of small body tube pieces, balsa scraps and old nose cones.

She commented that I should build a bottom of the box rocket, which I did. Here it is.

She decided to call it the Space Arrow.

Have any of the rest of you built such a rocket? Lets see it.

Andrew
Dark Lord Of The Scratch Builders

IMG_1229.JPG

You know I like that. I like it a lot, including the paint job! Well done.

The Fins are made from 1/8 inch scrape balsa. The nose cone came from a Semroc X-ray kit, the body tube was one I found month ago some where.

Andrew
Dark Lord Of The Scratch Builders

I have one called Recarnation #9. It's been rebuilt soo many times I think it's actually close to the 9 rebuild mark. I even tried to lose it with a G80-10 flight but it was found.

Think I'll refurbish it and fly it this year :p

Sounds to me like a rocket built from those odds and ends that sift to the bottom of your parts box over time. I'm working on one with the payload section made from surplus under-gravel aquarium filter plastic tube (the same size as an Estes BT-50!) and the nosecone from an old Alpha III kit I cannibalized for the motor mount a while back.:D I'll try to get some pictures of it on the forum when it's done.
-Kevin

Last edited:
A few weekends ago I built a 3x24mm cluster in Bt-70 with a nose cone left over from a science fair project. I can't wait to fly it!!

Wellll, I've had bottom of the barrel ideas for rockets... :eek:

MarkII

Back