Quantcast

Bottle Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Fuddrucker

Reaction score
Hey All,

My son came up with this idea for a bottle rocket and we decided to build it. It came out pretty well I think. If this works, then I am thinking I will have to make a fleet of these things. We will be launching it at ROCstock in Nov. Pic attached.

...Fudd

Fuddrucker

Reaction score
Final picture showing the nose next to the rocket. We made the nose by attaching the top part of the bottle that was cut off to a tube coupler, then sanded the coupler down a bit so it was not so tight.

...Fudd

Rick James

Reaction score
I have a similar project going using a plastic Coke bottle with the classic Coke shape. May I suggest painting the motor tube silver? I think these can be a lot of fun... a lot of bottle sizes, designs and colors to choose from.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Good job! I have seen a lot of people make bigger rockets out of the 'upscale' plastic banks, but not that many with the 'full scale' bottles. Very nice, I love using junk to make rockets! The best kind of recycling :)

The only water bottle of that type that I've used is a water rocket. Here is the closest thing I have flying. http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/scratch/talk_radio.html

Latest posts