Bothersome eBayers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketboyG80

Reaction score
Sorry but I just have to vent about some of the scum on eBay; today I received a negative feedback. I paid this guy for the item I won on August 11th and I didn't get the item by the end of August. So I started e-mailing him about what happened to my item. He presumed it was lost in the mail. It was insured so I thought I had the upper hand here. I asked him to send me a replacement item or give me a refund. He had a whole month and he never did anything, even with my constant stream of e-mails to him. So now it is September 25th my credit card bill was soon due (I paid PayPal with my card). I certainly wasn't going to pay for something I never got. So I disputed it with my credit card company last week and I got a temporary credit for it. Well, today I guess my credit card company caught up with this guy and forced him to give me a refund. So this obviously made him mad and he gave me a negative feedback complete with exclamation marks and caps. Real professional guy all around. At least I didn't lose any money in this whole deal.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Give us a name so we can avoid dealing with the slob........and email him this url.

The worst thing about getting screwed over on eBay is that you are probably dealing with a 14 year-old geek hiding behind a computer monitor. I think I am about to be in a similar situation. Last week I won two shirts from a user and sent him payment the following day. I still haven't heard from him to confirm he received my payment or shipped my items. I called him today and I will see if he replies. If not, I am going to be quite annoyed. This guy has a very high feedback rating and no negative feedback at all. That is the only reason I am being so patient with him. Unfortunately, I paid with money orders so if he decides not to send my stuff, I am pretty much screwed.

You are supposed to be able to leave 'reply' comments after someone posts nasty remarks about you. I don't know the details for how it works, but you can make a brief rebuttal such as "this jerk got mad after I forced him to refund" or something like that
Don't forget that you can make comments about *him* too

His name is currently "cwgift" formerly known as "mikeward". He sells all sorts of stuff and a lot of it, so you may have have seen his name around eBay before. You can see he has around 31,000 positive feedbacks right now. Although from the looks of it he also gets about one negative every day. Also, I did give him a negative shortly after I disputed the charge. He tried to use SquareTrade to get me to remove it even though it was perfectly true. It simply stated that I didn't receive the item nor a refund and I disputed it. I responded to my negative by stating the same thing.

The worst is when the seller misleads you in the listing. I bought a used XBox game once that the seller listed in "mint condition." I received a game disc with little to no marks on the back, but had something written in permanent ink on the front (label side) of the disc and it was in a jewel case with no instructions (rather than the original DVD case type packaging with instructions included.)

When I complained, he pointed out that his listing said to ask questions first, and that if I dare leaving negative feedback, he'd leave me the same.

What a classless puke.

Internet can suck because you get to meet a whole lot of jerks.

I found a site once basically about a teenager who hides behind a computer and when he receives perfectly valid hate mail (IMHO) he openly insults them with absolutely anything he can. Some people mistyped a word and he started to insult them for being dumb.

He is scum.

Originally posted by GL-P
Internet can suck because you get to meet a whole lot of jerks.

I found a site once basically about a teenager who hides behind a computer and when he receives perfectly valid hate mail (IMHO) he openly insults them with absolutely anything he can. Some people mistyped a word and he started to insult them for being dumb.

He is scum.
I don't want to sound harsh, but those kind of kids need a good butt-kicking.

Originally posted by GL-P

He is scum.

Some people need a more productive hobby. Like, say, model rocketry? ;)

Do we really want that sort of people assosciated (sp?) with Model Rocketry??

Phil

I hate the ones that pester you to leave feedback, even before you recieve the goods, and then never leave feedback for you. That has happened to me a couple of times.

:mad:

Back