Both an unlucky and a lucky day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeltrains

Reaction score
Y'all ever had one of those days which is both an unlucky and a lucky day?

Thanks to a couple diseases which screw with my physical coordination and/or ability to focus and concentrate there are times I hit my head on things such as doors for example. That can be rough on glasses. Last night/early am today I damaged the frames beyond salvage. :(
So ...
Dug out the old and now slightly blurry glasses and stopped in at optometrist office to see what could be done. Buying new glasses was not an option.
As it happened ...
They had one, 1, frame left of the style I got a couple years ago. :smile:
And ...
It was brown like I'd wanted in the first place but only silver was available at that time.
And ...
Frames were only $60 USD. (these lenses are a few hundred)
And ...
Since I've done business with them for a decade I didn't have to pay today, can pay after next month's money comes in!
Okay, think I can find a way to cope with that! And am quite thankful for it.

Am kind of worn and frazzled as a baseline today but maybe before the day is out some bit of progress can be made on something for rockets and trains: I'm definitely in the mood for rockets. Now, if my body will play nicely with my desires ...

Painting and sanding outside isn't going to happen, though: according to the National Weather Service, and reality so far at 3:44 pm, 15:44,
This Afternoon
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
So, let's find at least one part I can stick to another part.
Or at least "finger paint" some filler on something.
Are about 15 potential rockets for that.

I'm glad you were able to get the glasses fixed. I have cataracts, and my insurance covers about half a pair a year.

You got very lucky.
I smucked my glasses once, bifocals.
Had to order a new pair, and arrange a payment plan.
Took 3 weeks to get them.
In the mean time, I wore an old pair that wasn't quite strong enough distance, and looked foolish with a magnifying glass in my shirt pocket.

Latest posts

Back