Bondo Spot Putty "Stage 1/2/3"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lugnut56

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Recently replaced my tube of Bondo Spot Putty, and noticed on the label it is listed as "Stage 2". The original tube I had was "Stage 1". I asked the counter man at the auto supply store what the difference was, but he didn't know. I tried looking on line and found most places carried "Stage 3" (at least according to the images they showed), but still didn't explain about the other two types. Does anyone know what the differences are?

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/auto-care-us/applications/body-repair-system/

Stage 1 – Prepare. This stage includes pulling dents, removal of paint and rust and efficient, effective masking of the area.

Stage 2 – Fill. This stage involves patching holes with reinforced filler and smoothing and shaping filler before painting.

Stage 3 – Paint. This stage includes painting the area and blending and smoothing primer and paint.

Stage 4 – Finish. The final stage for showroom-grade results: removing small defects, sealing and polishing clear coats and other painted surfaces.

Thanks for the info, but it still doesn't explain the differences between the different products, even though they still have then same part #907 .

I've used both #2 and #3 and I'm convinced they're exactly the same product. Don't know about #1.

Back