Bomarc West coast rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found one ebay but did not buy it. It was north coast Bomarc my mistake but I did find a North Coast Inceptor G that I picked up to build.

I've got a NCR Bomarc, never opened it. I'm pretty sure that I read the same review that Mr Barr posted and decided that mine will just be a collector rocket. If I ever get the itch for a Bomarc, I'll try Madcow's.

I've got a NCR Bomarc, never opened it. I'm pretty sure that I read the same review that Mr Barr posted and decided that mine will just be a collector rocket. If I ever get the itch for a Bomarc, I'll try Madcow's.

Good Idea, Adrian. I had one for ages as a hangar queen and decided to fly it. It should be noted this was my second one as I shredded one either late 80's or early 90's on an "H" motor because it's all I had left that would fit. (oh yeah-you had to change the original motor tubes). It hooked the N/C chute on a pitot and prevented the rest of the laundry from being dragged out. It flat spun all the way in from apogee and pancaked, breaking it's back, crunching both pods, fracturing a wing and generally screwing up the whole bird. Save it, display it and enjoy it in all it's Bomarc beauty.

I modified one for 38mm motors. Flew great on 3 grain I motors. As mentioned don't use the plastic attachment on the nose cone there is a lot of weight in it. Mine was modified with plywood support in the nacelles through the wall to the motor mount. Many perfect flights until I decided to try a 4 grain I. The vacuform on the wings decided to let go and it preceded to shred. I have one more in the closet I may get a round to building with a different method for the wings. Personally I like it better than the Madcow verson.

Back