Body Tube size reference sheet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke strawwalker

Reaction score
Hi guys...

I'm thinking of doing some upscales and semiscalers and found thumbing back and forth through my Semroc, Quest, and Totally Tubular print outs rather tiring, so I sat down today and integrated them all into a master tube list.

It JUST fits on one sheet so it's easy to print out.

Enjoy! OL JR :)

View attachment SemrocTTTubesizechart[1].txt

Last edited:
Is this it?
Hmmm...Vaughn Bros.? Retro Rocket Works? And what's this - no Semroc, no Quest, no FlisKits, no BMS?

Seems a bit dated. Where's the Blackshaft?

Strawwalker's list may not be quite as comprehensive, but at least it shows tubes that are actually in production, and is therefore more useful today. Thanks, L_S!

MarkII

Ok, that's a good one too... :)

Better than mine... I don't have THAT much time on my hands... LOL:)

Thanks for posting that... VERY handy! OL JR :)

I don't want to take credit for it.

I've had that for years, don't remember where I found it. I keep it on my computer desktop for quick ref.

Nice work... but unnecessary.. all the work has already been done...

body tube reference

That's pretty good too, stickershock, but mine's INTEGRATED! I put the Semroc (which sells every size of Centuri and Estes tubes that I know of, except the "specialty" tubes like those used for the Estes Mercury Atlas which were never released or sold as "parts" seperately from the kit) most of which are also sold by Totally Tubular as well, along with a few others (like the foil lined ones) and added on the Quest tubes from their website.

They're ALL listed together regardless of Mfg/Vendor-- Semroc Astronautics (SA), Totally Tubular (TT), and Quest Aerospace (QA). I saw no need in being duplicative by adding other "OEM" suppliers or outside vendors like various online stores (JonRocket, UMRS, etc.) as your favorite source is your business... I merely wanted and needed an "integrated master list" to show me what tube sizes are available from smallest to largest with the basic dimensions for each. Adding specific tube lengths, which is probably good information for cloners to know, was really TMI for what I was trying to do, and would be an incomplete list anyway more than likely.

I had to work it a bit to get it to all fit on one sheet (thanks to my primitive word processor skills) but I managed. If it's helpful, I'm glad-- if not, sorry, I tried... :D:rolleyes:

Later! OL JR :)

Thanks to all this is great information.
Cheers
Fred

We have a few more that are not on your list.

Series 2
BT-4
Series 6
BT-19
BTH-70
BTH-80
Series 11
BT-58
Series 27
Series 36

Good reference!

We have a few more that are not on your list.

Series 2
BT-4
Series 6
BT-19
BTH-70
BTH-80
Series 11
BT-58
Series 27
Series 36

Good reference!

Well, Carl, it's an old list.;)

A D-Region Tomahawk`s motor mount is 24mm wide.:cyclops::D It could hold D and E engines.;) I never knew that!:jaw::y: But I don`t know the body tube diamiter.:confused::confused2:

The body tube is a BT-50. The I.D. is 0.950" and the O.D. is 0.976".

Back