Boaters World is a rocketeer's toy store...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsexton

Reaction score
I went to my first Boaters World today and I couldn't believe all of the rocketry stuff they carry:

-West Systems epoxy and all the accessories
-Grommet kits and nylon straps
-Stainless steel everything in the way of connectors and bolts
-Terminal blocks and other electrical stuff
-Pinstripe vinyl tape in all kinds of colors and widths

The list goes on and on...

I don't know if you have a Boaters World in your area, but it is well worth the trip if you need some rocket supplies!

Who would have ever thunk it...

Its sometimes surprising where you can find rocket related stuff. I think most rocketeers have rockets on the brain when they are looking around in various stores.
Larry

Yup, I got my current West stuff from a boaters store. I hadn't scoured it for other useful stuff, but will next time I pass by. Thanks.

we have a simullar store nearby called West Marine,,a little pricey but definately convenient !

we have a simullar store nearby called West Marine,,a little pricey but definately convenient !

LOL! anything with "boat" or "Marine" in the title is a licence to steal by retailers.

I shop at these places but I rarely buy anything. I can find it cheaper elswhere.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
LOL! anything with "boat" or "Marine" in the title is a licence to steal by retailers.
As well as "motorcycle". ;)

Hey, try adding AIRPLANE and watch the price skyrocket:mad:
Larry

and camera or photo or photographer's or golf or...?

but yeah boat supply places have lots of cool stuff!

Originally posted by Adam Selene
but yeah boat supply places have lots of cool stuff!
That was my original point! Also, I recently bought a grommet kit at a chain "home improvement" store and Boaters World had a nicer kit (comes with a plastic storage box with a top - the other brand was just loose parts in a blister pack) for $5 less...

OT, but I had to bring it up... :p

I'm really showing my age here, but when I first looked at Adam Selene's icon image, my first thought was "oh, cool CamRoc picture"....

man...

(you ancient rocketeers will know what I mean *right* away...)

Originally posted by Larry
Hey, try adding AIRPLANE and watch the price skyrocket:mad:
Larry

The winner has to be "NUCLEAR GRADE"!! this stuff has a pedigree tracable from the time and location the ore was taken from the ground, until the final product is placed in the system.

Ray Wright
Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant

Back