BMS Contact?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandeja1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is BMS still in business? I have ordered from them previously and had a great experience each time! Have tried reaching out to them to ask a couple of questions, from multiple e-mail accounts, and all the e-mails get bounced back as saying they were "spam" or that there was no such recipient.

I don't have any problems reaching out to any other vendor or person from the same accounts. Am just curious, would hate to see a great vendor/business not be available anymore.

They're still in business. Received some parts from them the other week. No issues with emails.

Have not tried calling yet. Will do that now. Thanks for the reminder! *LOL*

For reference, the error message/automated reply I got is below. What is REALLY funny is that I am USING Office 365 to e-mail them to begin with! :rolleyes: Oh well

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected] ([email protected])
Your message couldn't be delivered because the recipient's email server (outside Office 365) suspected that your message was spam. To fix this, try to modify your message, or change how you're sending the message, using the guidance in this article: E-mailing Best Practices for Senders. Then resend your message. If you continue to experience the problem, contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to ask their email admin to add your email address or your domain name (the text after the "@" symbol in your email address) to their allowed senders list.

For Email Admins
When Office 365 tried to send the message to the next email server outside of Office 365 the external email server returned the error below. This indicates the recipient's email server (or their email filtering service) suspected the sender's message is spam. If the sender isn't able to fix the problem by modifying their message then contact the recipient's email admin and ask them to add your domain name, or the sender's email address, to their list of allowed senders.

While the sender may be able to alter the message contents to fix this, it's likely that only the recipient's email admin can fix this problem. Unfortunately, Office 365 support is unlikely to be able to help fix these kinds of externally reported errors.

Microsoft's "you may be sending spam" thing is really sensitive (well, one way to look at it). I've had my monthly club emailings bounce off of addresses that are msn.com or hotmail.com in the past, because, apparently, my email host company has had some accounts that were poor actors. It usually resolves after awhile, but I can't say how quickly (the notes from my club generally only go out once a month).

It sounds like Bill Saindon's server is of the same mind, since it's another Micro$oft-hosted email. That you are also sending from M$ is, in fact, funny....or it will be after you get through to Bill at BMS...!

Microsoft's "you may be sending spam" thing is really sensitive (well, one way to look at it). I've had my monthly club emailings bounce off of addresses that are msn.com or hotmail.com in the past, because, apparently, my email host company has had some accounts that were poor actors. It usually resolves after awhile, but I can't say how quickly (the notes from my club generally only go out once a month).

It sounds like Bill Saindon's server is of the same mind, since it's another Micro$oft-hosted email. That you are also sending from M$ is, in fact, funny....or it will be after you get through to Bill at BMS...!
I know right!

I would definitely pick up the phone if you need to reach them. I think they may be having email trouble across the board. I never got a shipping notice for my last BMS order, and never got a reply to my - much later - email inquiry about it. It wasn't important enough to call them about and in fact arrived the day after I sent my mail.

For sending to email lists, such as at church, I use Mailchimp. It "flips all the switches" to get past automated filters.

My aeppeltreow.com domain email accounts all have this issue with (seemingly) random people. It started when Host Papa bought Lunarpages. Host Papa is doing that spam bounce upstream of things like Spam Assassin, and they charge through the nose for individual mail hosting accounts with more control.

For sending to email lists, such as at church, I use Mailchimp. It "flips all the switches" to get past automated filters.
I had to resort to a marketing mailer (I picked the free service from Mailer Lite) for the club because I was running afoul of my email host’s internal spam-suppression system (trying, I expect, to stay off the bad actors list that Microsoft and others use). If I sent out my once-a-month note to ~200 email addresses in one or two bites I would get locked out of the account for 24 hours — sometimes. But after doing it three times over a year, I finally broke down and set things up with Mailer Lite after looking at Mailchimp and Constant Contact and several others that are less well-known.

Now that it‘s set up it seems to be working for me just fine, with one big exception. About 1/4 of the total mailing list was going to internal Boeing emails (we are, after all, the Boeing Employees Model Rocket Club, at least in name). And those were immediately unsubscribed from the mailing list by the Boeing email system. So I had to re-subscribe all the ones with boeing.com emails and ask for non-Boeing email addresses for further communications. Only a handful replied to that second email with alternative means of contact. So now my mailing list is shorter….

I haven’t had anymore bounces off of Microsoft-owned domains, though.

Back