Blushift Aerospace

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Scuti

Reaction score
Today Blushift will try to launch a small 6 meter high model at just 1500 meters. It seems this can be done as an amateur rocket, is it true?

It is apparently a hybrid with N2O and a bio-solid. At the moment the weather does not allow it.

Last edited:
Sorry, my lysdexia kicked in when I read the title of this text.

Sort of started thinking of a launch site from the top of Bandini Mountain.

Probably not the language Google Translate would optimize.

When I first saw the name I thought it was bulls**t. Or a purposeful anagram for it...except not quite an anagram (swap 2nd L for F).

Not the best choice for a name.

Seems more like a name in a TV show or movie for a "wink-wink" company up to no good, or at least a cover name.

The name sounds like a play on Doppler frequency shifting, which sounds technical (even though not related to rocketry), and on using a fuel that is presumably more sustainable than others.

(Red shifting and blue shifting refer to the difference between an emitted frequency and a received frequency, when the transmitter and receiver are moving from each other. Used for example with sound waves by police to measure car speed, and with electromagnetic waves by astronomers to study outer space).

Let's see here, 18 foot rocket, 4000 feet. Totally doable. The only question is how heavy?

the bigger stuff they propose is a different story......

Call me a pessimist, but the "biosolid hybrid engine" sounds suspiciously like marketing-speak for "we made our hybrid fuel grains from a fine mix of sausages and beeswax and are trying to sound really cool to try to attract venture capital." [edit] That or something CMOT Dibbler would sell... [/edit]

I could (and hope to) be wrong.

Last edited:
When I first saw the name I thought it was bulls**t. Or a purposeful anagram for it...except not quite an anagram (swap 2nd L for F).

Not the best choice for a name.

Seems more like a name in a TV show or movie for a "wink-wink" company up to no good, or at least a cover name.
Sort of like crossing a Shih Tzu with a Poodle........

Blueshift Aerospace had there first and successful launch today. Really cool to see
Company is small and upcoming but has some pretty interesting things about them.there designing and manufacturing a bio-derived fuel based rocket to launch tiny satellites into space
The fuel they have designed is apparently safer for humans and the environment! Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:
Curiously, this looks and sounds like a fairly regular HP-rocket launch and recovery at most of our club events.
I realize this airframe is a little larger than one of our typical L1/2 rockets, but MDRA has videos that can rival the one above for size and sight.

I would assume they have permissions to use metal.

Looks like they have some pretty big rockets up and coming in the future
Interesting designs

Attachments

• 0796D25E-2B1C-487B-9B3F-387D28F11F02.png
    0796D25E-2B1C-487B-9B3F-387D28F11F02.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 07692682-A81C-4924-B963-AF6EB7D79FE8.png
    07692682-A81C-4924-B963-AF6EB7D79FE8.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 26
Never mind, same joke in two threads

Last edited:
They’re aiming for a relatively small but broad market - folks who need high altitude/high velocity/short duration zero g access for cubesat sized or smaller payloads. That covers a lot of educational and research customers who can’t afford primary service or ride share from other launch companies. Frankly, I think the goal of providing LEO for a max 36kg payload is not attainable with hybrid motors - larger companies with deeper pockets have tried hybrid motors and never hit the ISP needed for bigger rockets - but I’m just an informed observer, maybe their new bio fuel grain has more “oomph” than plastic based ones. The third iteration of their design using clustered versions of their hybrid motors looks really interesting so we’ll see what happens...

Looks like they have some pretty big rockets up and coming in the future
Interesting designs
Renderings are cheap. Funny how the one on the right looks like a giant egglofter.

Bio fuel seems interesting... rocket designs look cool
Be neat to follow these guys and see what they can achieve
I admit This one could be cool to see take
Off LOL

Attachments

• 50F42AAA-E8E1-4738-BAD9-0163384B6F97.png
    50F42AAA-E8E1-4738-BAD9-0163384B6F97.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 20
Bio fuel seems interesting... rocket designs look cool
Be neat to follow these guys and see what they can achieve
I admit This one could be cool to see take
Off LOL
The initial version and the two follow on versions look like possible model rocket subjects though the Rogue would probably need bigger fins.

Maybe the two threads should be merged.

Back