bluetube for Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSivier

Reaction score
I'd like to use bluetube in a design with Rocksim. Does anyone know where I could get updated material files for Rocksim. Updated motor files would be useful as well. All of the data and motor files I currently have are dated 2009 and I know there have been changes since then. I communicated with Apogee and that wasn't particularly helpful.

Thanks.

Jonathan

I downloaded the file and followed the instruction with no effect. I then went to File/Import/Database File and selected OK, but still no effect. The data files are still all dated 2009 and no Always Ready Rocketry tubes have been added to the Body Tube database and Vulcanized Fiber isn't listed in the Material database. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Jonathan

I downloaded the file and followed the instruction with no effect. I then went to File/Import/Database File and selected OK, but still no effect. The data files are still all dated 2009 and no Always Ready Rocketry tubes have been added to the Body Tube database and Vulcanized Fiber isn't listed in the Material database. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Jonathan

I'm on mobile right now, and as an OR user I can't be of much more specific help. I -have- had success w/ these files for the BT 2.0 airframes & couplers.

Jon, what windows are you using, check under c:/users/<name>/appdata/local/apogeecomponents/rocksim_9/dataimport (thats where to stick the unzipped file)
you may have to set windows to show hidden directorys (appdata is hidden)

Jon, what windows are you using, check under c:/users/<name>/appdata/local/apogeecomponents/rocksim_9/dataimport (thats where to stick the unzipped file)
you may have to set windows to show hidden directorys (appdata is hidden)

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks. I followed the instructions and put the files in the DataImport directory under Program Files/RockSim 9. That had no effect. However, following your tip and putting them in the DataImport directory under AppData seems to have worked. I guess that's what I get for following directions.

Jonathan

Back