BlueSkies2 : Kentucky HPR Sport Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockwaveriderz

Reaction score
BluesRocks, NAR section #657 is proud to announce they will be hosting BlueSkies 2, A HPR/MPR/LPR Sport Launch this coming Saturday from 11Am -4Pm..

Lance from Merlin Missiles will once again be our PREFERRED onsite motor dealer......contact Lance here for your motor requirements: [email protected]

For complete information please see our website here:

https://users.adelphia.net/~iceage/

Come on down to My Old Kentucky Home for an afternoon of fun in the sun rocketry...!

Stewart, pardon me for asking, but, which person were you? I'm very poor with remembering names and faces.

See you Saturday!!

yeah, that sounds about right....

lemme see, David you did the L1 yes?

yeah, that sounds about right....

lemme see, David you did the L1 yes?

Yup, that's me. It'll take me a few launches to learn everyone by name. Now, if you had walked up and smacked me on the back of the head, then told me who you were, I probably would have remembered :)

Becaused it appeared awfully menacing from the bludgrass. Did you y'all get any shots off before the rain?

The weather wasn't too bad when we first got there, other than wind. About an hour and a half after setting up, a dark cloud came up, and it was lightening in the distance, so we started tearing down the range, leaving only the low power pads out. Then all heck broke loose. We hurried up and got every thing loaded, and waited a bit to see what was going to happen. A few people left, then a bit later we decided to go ahead and scrub the launch. That's when the fun started. The first two that tried to leave got stuck, BAD. I went ahead and was able to get out onto the road, then stayed to help get the others out. Terry ended up having to go get someone in a 4 whell drive to pull the last person out. It was a mess, but we still had fun. As far as what was launched, it was all low power stuff. I think I may have the honor of flying the largest motor, being an F20 in a PML Tiny Pterodactyl. It drifted a pretty good way out into the field, flirting with the power lines.

Back