Bluegrass - Kentucky High Power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jowayen

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is Tripoli Bluegrass (near Elizabethton, KY) still an active club?
I've been trying to email several members from their website over the past few weeks about joining, with no luck and no response.
Just wondering if it's still alive.

I wold sure like to stay "local" as the next closest club is a 3 or 4 hour drive away.
That would be a no-go for me and my daughter.

Hello Jowayen, I don't know about TRA Bluegrass, but the Music City Missile Club has a new field in Hopkinsville, which is almost exactly 2 hours from Elizabethtown. Not close, but better than 3-4 hours. Unfortunately, with COVID-19 looming over us, we don't know when the next launch will be.

https://www.mc2rocketry.com/
Beware: the new TRA prefect in mc^2 is ugly and his wife dresses him funny. ;)

Best -- Terry

Is the Hopkinsville launch site area known as the Burman farms?
"G" size motor is the limit? No waiver?
Is the Hopkinsville launch site area known as the Burman farms?
"G" size motor is the limit? No waiver?
Yes, it is the Burman farms. No, G-motors are not the limit. Waiver is to 9500 feet, good through July 31, 2021.

Best -- Terry

I'm fairly new here to the forum, returning to rocketry after being away many years. I have been looking for local groups/sites around the Louisville-Lexington area. Tripoli Bluegrass does not appear to be active. MC2 is about 3 hrs away, i dont see anything much closer than 2.5-3 hrs away. If anyone knows of something in this area I'd appreciate it.

BluesRocks are just hunkered down because of COVID-19..... I'' try to phone some members and find out whats going on for you

Thanks, it just didn't look like much going on. That would definitely be my closest option at around 1 hour and 15 mins. If you hear of anything else going on in the area i'm craving some noise.

There is a launch scheduled in Elizabethtown for April 10th. Check out the Facebook page for details.

Thanks for the info, i never saw anything related to facebook in my searches before. Waiting on group admission now.

Another launch at Music City Missile club this Saturday. We'll have one or two SLI teams.

9500 ft waiver, and I think an L motor or two has been launched in the past.

Planning the first flight of a 3" Madcow Aerobee on an H or I motor, probably using my latest variation of red propellant, "Lucifer".

Best -- Terry

There is a launch scheduled in Elizabethtown for April 10th. Check out the Facebook page for details.

Too bad I don't use Facebook...
Maybe that's why I never see any info on their website.

Another launch at Music City Missile club this Saturday. We'll have one or two SLI teams.
Best -- Terry

Is MC2 Tripoli?

Too bad I don't use Facebook...
Maybe that's why I never see any info on their website.

Is MC2 Tripoli?

I don't use FB either but you can join the Google Group to get messages and updates. MC2 is a combination of NAR section #589 and Tripoli Tennessee #134. Saturday will be a TRA Research launch, so if you're TRA L2 or L3, bring your card and you're good to go. It's supposed to be clear with a high in the upper 50s or thereabouts.

Best -- Terry

Hope your Saturday launch went well. I was hoping to make it down there but the wife had other plans for our weekend. I'll try to catch one soon though.

Back